Doctors Strike....

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Doctors Strike....

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Of all the people who deserve high pay doctors have the best case. By that I mean proper doctors who work in hospitals . i could be a gp tomorrow.

Fat Sam got 1.6 million for 67 days .

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fat Sam got 1.6 million for 67 days .
And that's only what he got over the table. :grin: Still, he can enjoy his retirement with Sepp.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Football ( well most pro sport) is bent, Doctors and the health service are supposed not to be.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

As someone who completed an apprenticeship I can tell you that in aviation one wasn't qualified after completing the four years of formal indentured apprenticeship. Some qualifications, in the 1970s when I did them, required five years experience with only the last two years of the apprenticeship counting. After that one started to learn all over again on the next type that came along. I don't see doctors being very different, they spend five years in formal training then a period learning their trade. They may not be indentured but they are still learning.

I don't know about medical degrees, but in my experience some graduates know how to learn but they haven't learned a trade so they spend a period (two years) in a graduate programme learning the job before we let them loose on their own then another to become approved, the highest level of qualification will then take around 12 years, not many get there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Exactly, but you didn't act like spoilt snobbish greedy children, did you. You had a trade to learn.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Exactly, but you didn't act like spoilt snobbish greedy children, did you. You had a trade to learn.
Quite, and at the time increasing qualifications equated to a bigger pay packet.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In this case the final aim in the greed is to become a millionaire Consultant with large private practice.

Malaikat
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Malaikat »

All this pales into insignificance when you look at the salaries paid to professional footballers in the Premier League, many of whom obviously have only double digit IQs. However, they are not the people conning us because they simply do not have the intelligence. We know who it is is really don't we? (Hint: Agents, Sky, BT etc) As regards professionals in the health service; If some divine authority had any say over deserved salaries then doctors would surely be close to the top.
Naim cd5 XS, Naim XS integrated, NVA BMU, NACA5, EPOS ES14. Back up: Marantz CD6005, Arcam A18, Tannoy Revolution 6 DCT se.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Why, they do a job, what is so special about it. They rely on this attitude to them, it is part of their ego trip. What makes them better or more important than Police or teachers for example - nothing at all.

Malaikat
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Malaikat »

Imagine,if you were God; playing your harp upon a high cloud, then you would surely rate doctors, nurses, and any virtually any other health professional above the typical nincompoop, so called 'professional footballer'. What is greater in the history of humanity, helping to save lives or kicking a ball into the back of a net?
Naim cd5 XS, Naim XS integrated, NVA BMU, NACA5, EPOS ES14. Back up: Marantz CD6005, Arcam A18, Tannoy Revolution 6 DCT se.