BMU considerations

All things NVA
Quarknosis

Re: BMU considerations

Unread post by Quarknosis »

It would be great to get that much improvement. Unfortunately I won't be able to try that as my amp is an integrated one.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

No only a couple of SC that were upgraded to SSC and a couple of SSC upgraded to SSP, but I tend to use them myself. You would have to find me some new TIS customers who have SSP they want to upgrade.

Quarknosis

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:No only a couple of SC that were upgraded to SSC and a couple of SSC upgraded to SSP, but I tend to use them myself. You would have to find me some new TIS customers who have SSP they want to upgrade.
I knew it was going to be a long shot :lol: I'll just have to save for a little bit longer then :violin:
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I have integrated amp, PC type server (vortexbox player) and DAC (plus t/t & phono amp) plugged into my BMU . When I was deciding whether to keep the BMU (I was 99% certain it was a massive improvement but I wanted to prove it) I unplugged it and put everything back into my Russ Andrews mains block and purifier. I then laughed out loud...taking out the BMU resulted in a 'Fisher Price' version of the music I was hearing courtesy of the BMU. The effect is not subtle.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

George Hincapie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:No only a couple of SC that were upgraded to SSC and a couple of SSC upgraded to SSP, but I tend to use them myself. You would have to find me some new TIS customers who have SSP they want to upgrade.
:whistle:

George Hincapie

I am going to upgrade mine, but not for a month or so. I've just ordered LS6 and ordering the A80s tomorrow or Monday. I want to assess my system in light of those significant changes before swapping the SSP for TIS, which is really a finishing touch.

Can you hold on Quark? Otherwise you can just buy new ones from the Doc; he needs food on his table too.

Quarknosis

George Hincapie wrote:I am going to upgrade mine, but not for a month or so. I've just ordered LS6 and ordering the A80s tomorrow or Monday. I want to assess my system in light of those significant changes before swapping the SSP for TIS, which is really a finishing touch.

Can you hold on Quark? Otherwise you can just buy new ones from the Doc; he needs food on his table too.
I want to assess the BMU with the rest of my system as it is at the moment as well before I get any more NVA but whether I can wait until yours are available is another matter :lol: there is a way I could afford SSP mk2 now but I would feel that I had cheated Doc. Anyway your cables will be relatively new so probably won't be discounted much but I'll see if I can hold on. If you can let me know if/when you trade them in I'll contact Doc again to see how much he wants for them at that time

Every time I think that my system is wonderful to listen to and "Do I need another upgrade?", when one arrives the system keeps getting better. I had told myself that SSP mk2 and LS6 were as far as I was going to go with cables but I'm now thinking about the Statement cables and whether my AP70SA is revealing enough to benefit from them.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Yep, I'm afraid you've contracted the NVA virus. It's highly infectious and there is no cure. Symptoms can be alleviated by further purchases of NVA equipment. :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

George Hincapie

Zebbo, are you bi-amping with the A60/80s? Did you have the 80s first?

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Quarknosis wrote: Every time I think that my system is wonderful to listen to and "Do I need another upgrade?", when one arrives the system keeps getting better. I had told myself that SSP mk2 and LS6 were as far as I was going to go with cables but I'm now thinking about the Statement cables and whether my AP70SA is revealing enough to benefit from them.
You can hear what a TIS does with an A20 - sorry - ...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...