Tea houses and night markets

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tea houses and night markets

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The mainland is changing, in the past they looked for any way to cheat you, now they only look for ways to maximise return by cheapening. You have to watch them all the time for tricks. Taiwan with established companies like this you can trust them to do a good job for you.

One of the old mainland tricks was to make you a very good price to get the order and then make or print (done a lot with books) twice as many as you ordered and sell the rest themselves as copyright laws were ignored, and still largely are.

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Spot on, the mainland will always try to take the ''Rise'' out of you,
what you are shown and what you receive somewhere down the line is totally different,
QC??, what quality control.
Frank...made me do it.

Frasernash

Unread post by Frasernash »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:Bloody hell , you better put a large order for pcbs in asap . ;)
They know they wont get big business from me, but I am the only UK customer to show them the respect to go and visit, plus they truly are really nice friendly people. I wish I could help to promote them for UK customers but I don't see how, but just recommend their work and their people.

China is massive, and Chinese people are not the same all over it. Taiwan is the friendliest and most relaxed part, maybe because it is not the mainland and has developed a different view. Being independent of the PRC Chinese government has helped this happen.

It went wrong after San Yat Sen died, Chiang Kai Shek in reality became a war lord, the principles were lost, and the communist won the civil war - so many what ifs in history.
Do you have to speak some Chinese to build on the relationship or do they all I expect speak great English.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This is why a lot of the mainland Chinese bargains, especially valve amps, you see advertised on ebay are simply unreliable or worse even dangerous. They all started like this but the more established companies are moving to a longer term view than "must make as much money NOW" which was the old way and still exist with new starters. It is when a Western Co owns the factory and has control that the advantages of low cost production shows.

People should never confuse Taiwan with this.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Hallo, goodbye, thank you, happy new year is my limit. A lot (most) speak English or as I call it Chinglish :grin:

The way to establish relationship is to show friendship yourself and especially respect / *face.

* It is not a face that can be washed or shaved, but a face that can be "granted" and "lost" and "fought for" and "presented as a gift". Here we arrive at the most curious point of Chinese social psychology. Abstract and intangible, it is yet the most delicate standard by which Chinese social intercourse is regulated.

Traditionally to give "face" is the most important thing.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: The way to establish relationship is to show friendship yourself and especially respect / *face.

* It is not a face that can be washed or shaved, but a face that can be "granted" and "lost" and "fought for" and "presented as a gift". Here we arrive at the most curious point of Chinese social psychology. Abstract and intangible, it is yet the most delicate standard by which Chinese social intercourse is regulated.

Traditionally to give "face" is the most important thing.
Good post, that is the essence of dealing with them, from the intial meeting giving gifts to Tea House etiquette,
it's all about respect and ''giving face'', you are well versed in the way of things there, you'll do good Doc. 8-)
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is because of this and my many years with my old masters that makes me so critical of some people, and take the piss. The people I dislike the most are those that *take* face and give none, or *demand* face as though it is a right when they obviously deserve none, just like Marco, who in my mind just demands to be put down. Just so self centred and gross.

I found out something when I was there, not only did Hakka move south to Guangdong, but also Fujian. So many Taiwanese are Hakka.