Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Fretless »

What was Glasgow's only Goth band? Still partial to a bit of dark-wave now and then.

Welcome, fellow music fanatic with broad taste !

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Should have come here 1st but didn't read the "instructions" (I'm a bloke - right).

I'm in the luck position to own some rather nice stuff and I've spent some silly money at times. Wish I'd come across NVA sooner. The only thing I have is the LS6 speaker 8-) cable and I think it rather tasty. Maybe I'll manage to write a review some time.

Looking forward to interacting with you guys. 8-)
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Welcome MadMick. If you really are as mad as you say you are then you will fit right in here :lol:

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Yes, welcome Mick, have read your latest re Stager silvers so come on what other kit are you using at present.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Welcome Mick. Flog all of that expensive stuff, replace it with NVA, and then spend what's left over on essentials, like buying a distillery. :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Folks
Thanks for your welcome.
antonio66 wrote:Yes, welcome Mick, have read your latest re Stager silvers so come on what other kit are you using at present.
I currently have a Musical Fidelity system (NuVista and kW550) upgraded by JS Audio. This links into a pair of ProAc D28's. My own Stager Silver solids as interconnects and LS6 on the speakers. There's a lot of other stuff I won't go into to avoid ridicule but I'm afraid I don't play my Elite Rock/Merlin/OL RB300 and Kontrapunkt A as my tastes have changed over the years and I'm now on silver frisbees or CDs.

My problem is that this system now sings and I simply luxuriate in loverly music.

Cheers folk. :grin:

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

slinger wrote:Welcome Mick. Flog all of that expensive stuff, replace it with NVA, and then spend what's left over on essentials, like buying a distillery. :lol:
Slinger - Hi again. Afraid my taste is more towards beer and I couldn't afford a brewery anyway. Besides, more than about 4 pints and I fall over :( . And it hurts !!!

Cheers

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

TheMadMick wrote:Folks
Thanks for your welcome.
antonio66 wrote:Yes, welcome Mick, have read your latest re Stager silvers so come on what other kit are you using at present.
I currently have a Musical Fidelity system (NuVista and kW550) upgraded by JS Audio. This links into a pair of ProAc D28's. My own Stager Silver solids as interconnects and LS6 on the speakers. There's a lot of other stuff I won't go into to avoid ridicule but I'm afraid I don't play my Elite Rock/Merlin/OL RB300 and Kontrapunkt A as my tastes have changed over the years and I'm now on silver frisbees or CDs.

My problem is that this system now sings and I simply luxuriate in loverly music.

You won't do it and I shan't blame you, but I'd consider getting rid of the crap arm and somehow exalted cartridge and replace with a carefully rewired standard Rega arm (OL fuck them up imo) or a Michell Technoarm, the only one Rega really sanction, and a livelier cartridge, a 'podded' Decca Gold used to sound very close to master tape in a Rock as demo'd to me by Max himself once and there are other recent Ortofons that don't sound all soft and squidgy (2M Bronze is rather wonderful for an MM type in a Rega arm and not too stupid price) as well as the Hana's which small dealers can sell now the Ortofon distributors require too-heavy investment in product stocked to keep the agency. That way, your vinyl would sound more like the silver thingies and you'd have an almost infinite choice of music to play at various purchase prices ;) Sorry to butt in, I couldn't help it.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
TheMadMick wrote:Folks
Thanks for your welcome.

You won't do it and I shan't blame you, but I'd consider getting rid of the crap arm and somehow exalted cartridge and replace with a carefully rewired standard Rega arm (OL fuck them up imo) or a Michell Technoarm, the only one Rega really sanction, and a livelier cartridge, a 'podded' Decca Gold used to sound very close to master tape in a Rock as demo'd to me by Max himself once and there are other recent Ortofons that don't sound all soft and squidgy (2M Bronze is rather wonderful for an MM type in a Rega arm and not too stupid price) as well as the Hana's which small dealers can sell now the Ortofon distributors require too-heavy investment in product stocked to keep the agency. That way, your vinyl would sound more like the silver thingies and you'd have an almost infinite choice of music to play at various purchase prices ;) Sorry to butt in, I couldn't help it.
Thanks for your advice but it's not the turntable etc. it's the software. Much of the stuff I'd drool over is now outwith my tastes. Bit of a pity really as I've quite a lot of it - although not all in the best nick. :cry:

Bucket and Spade
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bucket and Spade »

I'm a long-time music lover who is drifting from commercial hifi products to DIY. I've been an active member of the Wam for a few years but the current direction of travel isn't for me. I've viewed this forum with suspicion due to the strongly held views on other sites but having lurked here for a while I haven't seen much to justify such prejudice, so here I am!

Looking forward to dipping my toes here,
Ian