Decision...NVA Phono or amp?

All things NVA
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Decision...NVA Phono or amp?

Unread post by antonio66 »

Hi roseyposey, just googled Red Wine Tap X and can find nothing, is it a power supply for the mono 70.2? NVA A80's would certainly give a little more power although they are not tube amps. The big advantage is they could be purchased on the 30 day no like refund policy. Just out of curiosity what pre amp are you using.

Jeff Ferguson
Canada

Unread post by Jeff Ferguson »

roseyposey wrote:HI there,
I Have the Coincidence Total Eclipse's with updated drivers and im thinking my Red Wine 70.2 mono blocks don't have enough power to drive these beasts. they are 35 watts per side.I was thinking of getting the Tap x as well.Do you find good synergy with the Coincidences with the tap x? Do you have any suggestions for a New amp to power the speakers? Cheers..Andy
Andy...your Total Eclipse's are even more efficient than my Super Eclipse...94db compared to 92 db. And they are 14 ohm so are an easy load. I recently connected my NVA AP10 (15 watts) up to my Super Eclipses and was surprised at how loud they could be driven with only 15 watts! I have the NVA A80 mono block amps on order. They will be more than enough power to rattle the walls.

As far as the TAP-X goes, I will never go back to an active preamp after experiencing a passive. As Guy recommended above, check out the line of NVA amps. You could easily drive your Total Eclipses with any NVA amp.

Jeff Ferguson
Canada

Unread post by Jeff Ferguson »

antonio66 wrote:Hi roseyposey, just googled Red Wine Tap X and can find nothing, is it a power supply for the mono 70.2? NVA A80's would certainly give a little more power although they are not tube amps. The big advantage is they could be purchased on the 30 day no like refund policy. Just out of curiosity what pre amp are you using.
Antonio...The TAP-X is a passive preamp made by Bent Audio in Canada. Though they no longer make complete units. They just sell the components I believe.

roseyposey
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by roseyposey »

Jeff Ferguson wrote:
roseyposey wrote:HI there,
I Have the Coincidence Total Eclipse's with updated drivers and im thinking my Red Wine 70.2 mono blocks don't have enough power to drive these beasts. they are 35 watts per side.I was thinking of getting the Tap x as well.Do you find good synergy with the Coincidences with the tap x? Do you have any suggestions for a New amp to power the speakers? Cheers..Andy
Andy...your Total Eclipse's are even more efficient than my Super Eclipse...94db compared to 92 db. And they are 14 ohm so are an easy load. I recently connected my NVA AP10 (15 watts) up to my Super Eclipses and was surprised at how loud they could be driven with only 15 watts! I have the NVA A80 mono block amps on order. They will be more than enough power to rattle the walls.

As far as the TAP-X goes, I will never go back to an active preamp after experiencing a passive. As Guy recommended above, check out the line of NVA amps. You could easily drive your Total Eclipses with any NVA amp.

Thks for the advice everyone..people keep telling me how efficient my speakers are and they can be driven by low wattage amps but i've got 35 watts per side and i can turn the volume full and they dont quite reach the volume im looking for. Im running them thru a temp Ps audio pre with added gain(which i need to approach any kind of decent volume) . i will research all the suggestions..Thank you all again!