MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Eric Shun
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MC Phono Stage Bake-off

Unread post by Eric Shun »

Bigman80 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 pm Well, I have no proof Eric is a real person or the figment of someone's imagination. I can only address the post made on this forum.
Whether I'm a real person or a figment of a vivid imagination shouldn't matter one jot Oliver. My point was to ensure that the correct facts were being posted, when, for whatever reasons, they were not. You know as well as I do that hundreds of AoS members visit here, so its important that they see balanced and educated comment. You note that Scooby made no comment whatsoever to you after your admission of posting earlier. It wouldn't suit his agenda, or that of the admin and his moderation team. Jay did nothing more than your previous edited post, yet you are allowed to get away with it whilst Jay was called a sock puppet. Top quality AoS double standards of the highest order. :naughty:

You've been around long enough to see that the NVA product doesn't get a fair crack of the whip on AoS, whilst other "house" brands are shilled to a point where its quite frankly embarrassing. The only reason this is allowed to happen is to garner response from elsewhere. If those who ran AoS had their members best interests at heart , they'd allow as broad a selection of equipment to be discussed and that simply doesn't happen. :snooty:

Having said all that, I await the outcome of the bake-off with much interest, not because I particularly care which is the best (note not who "wins") but because I have an interest in the best vinyl reproduction at what I consider is a reasonable budget. No agendas here, its as simple as that. :guiness;

Kind regards
Eric
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap:

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

Eric Shun wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm Having said all that, I await the outcome of the bake-off with much interest, not because I particularly care which is the best (note not who "wins") but because I have an interest in the best vinyl reproduction at what I consider is a reasonable budget. No agendas here, its as simple as that. :guiness;
well said! i think we are all in agreement with that :guiness;
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Bigman80

Unread post by Bigman80 »

Eric Shun wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm
Bigman80 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 pm Well, I have no proof Eric is a real person or the figment of someone's imagination. I can only address the post made on this forum.
Whether I'm a real person or a figment of a vivid imagination shouldn't matter one jot Oliver. My point was to ensure that the correct facts were being posted, when, for whatever reasons, they were not. You know as well as I do that hundreds of AoS members visit here, so its important that they see balanced and educated comment. You note that Scooby made no comment whatsoever to you after your admission of posting earlier. It wouldn't suit his agenda, or that of the admin and his moderation team. Jay did nothing more than your previous edited post, yet you are allowed to get away with it whilst Jay was called a sock puppet. Top quality AoS double standards of the highest order. :naughty:

You've been around long enough to see that the NVA product doesn't get a fair crack of the whip on AoS, whilst other "house" brands are shilled to a point where its quite frankly embarrassing. The only reason this is allowed to happen is to garner response from elsewhere. If those who ran AoS had their members best interests at heart , they'd allow as broad a selection of equipment to be discussed and that simply doesn't happen. :snooty:

Having said all that, I await the outcome of the bake-off with much interest, not because I particularly care which is the best (note not who "wins") but because I have an interest in the best vinyl reproduction at what I consider is a reasonable budget. No agendas here, its as simple as that. :guiness;

Kind regards
Eric
Eric, your realness or imaginative status doesn't matter. That's why I happily address your comments. Which, I may say, were respectfully communicated.

If we are "real talking" let's be frank. NVA products may not have been given a fair crack of the whip in certain areas, but some of that blame has to be proportioned to the antics and controversial posts that follow those products around the internet. I believe that the philosophy around the design of these units is of the highest purity. The part about reproducing the widest bandwidth possible is especially interesting to me. I for one believe less components in the signal path is also the best philosophy which seems to be shared too.

I don't moderate or run any forum of any type. The decision of how to run any forum is that of its owner and as previously stated on this thread, they are the speaker of the house.

I genuinely harbour no ill feeling towards anyone or any product. I am looking forward to hearing the results. We are all in this to get the best system and sound reproduction we can for our budget. I think it's a point sometimes lost in the heat of debate!

jayman67

bravo! hear hear to that!
see we can all get along if we try :)
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Once again due to subterfuge and confusion the facts about the bake off are buried. Usual AoS "der managerment" behaviour if it even slightly involves NVA.

jayman67

they are not buried,the thread was moved to the 'blank canvas ' section,due to no one else commenting it has just moved its way further down in the list.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Yup! take it out of people eyesight, they do it every time. It was posted in that thread for a very good reason, as that is where they were trying to avoid it.

Bigman80

Unread post by Bigman80 »

jayman67 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:25 pm they are not buried,the thread was moved to the 'blank canvas ' section,due to no one else commenting it has just moved its way further down in the list.
Yup. It's a post no one wants to touch lol.

Doesn't mean it isn't being read.

jayman67

good point.

Eric Shun

Unread post by Eric Shun »

Bigman80 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:51 pmIf we are "real talking" let's be frank. NVA products may not have been given a fair crack of the whip in certain areas, but some of that blame has to be proportioned to the antics and controversial posts that follow those products around the internet. I believe that the philosophy around the design of these units is of the highest purity. The part about reproducing the widest bandwidth possible is especially interesting to me. I for one believe less components in the signal path is also the best philosophy which seems to be shared too.
You really need to take the blinkers off, look past the smoke, mirror and biased rhetoric, and use your ears. Since when did we have to like/agree/get on with designers of other hifi kit, so why get hung up on what gets posted here? Do you know the full history (from both sides) and is the Doc any less passionate, than you or I? Of course not and that's why we get what you call the antics and controversy. I'll repeat, if as the AoS hierarchy claim, they stand for fairness and their members getting value for money, what are they scared about with NVA equipment? Bottom line is if the Firebottle or Arkless kit (if the latter get taken) comes out on top, we'll certainly hear about it on AoS. If its NVA which sounds best, you watch the goalposts move. :naughty:

BTW, have you read the AoS ethos? Its deemed that important, it has its own sub-forum and is the biggest load of nonsense posted on AoS. The fact that the forum admin can't follow any of its points says more than I ever could :lol:

Allowing the status quo to continue there, without question or fair discussion, is nothing more than a cop-out. :naughty:

Kind regards
Eric
"Nobody flounces better, makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody flounces half as good as you, BigBottyFlouncy, you're the best"
:clap: