Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

More like it, now I have something to comment on.

Calling people "fecking eedyats". OK lets get it right shall we - feckin' eeediots is the phrase. the number of eee's denotes the level of idiocy. This comes under the statement of "I never initiate conflict, if someone throws shit at me I try to throw a bigger bit back". I would not call that antics, for me it is deserved reciprocation and justice.

Also, you are downright disrespectful of other peoples opinions . Again a generalisation, all situations are different, I need specifics. Some are surely covered by the above. Some as with Moose at Audio Talk was to challenge his pages of deliberately over complicated and verbose bollocks about a simple matter - speaker design.. Note I told him what I thought of what he was saying the personal comments came back from him which stimulated the mutual shit throwing. Some is because the person is simply wrong and can be proved so. These couple of bake-offs recently have been enough proof and evidence as to my comments about phono stages and the on going conflict I have had on-line about them.

shanewhite
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by shanewhite »

Interesting that you mention Scott (scottmoose on AT).

He was one of the original members of AT, and one of its most prolific posters. He's respected by many people who know enough to recognise bullshit when they see it. He's also been involved in the design of a number of speakers which are generally well liked and often his ideas are quite close to Richard's, particularly as regards simplicity and musical presentation. If he has a problem, I suppose you could accuse him of overloquatious verbosity, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. The thread that sparked the conflict was about a particular speaker designed to fit a very rigid set of parameters, and how he had to go against the grain and develop a very complex crossover to make it work, which prompted Richard to brand him feckin eeeeeediot (I may have used too many es), seemingly without hope of redemption.

Why am I going on about Scott in a thread that's about Richard? Because since the conflict between them reached a peak three months ago, Scott's contributions to AT have ceased completely. I think that's a loss to AT . I wonder if Richard regards it as a victory?
Heybrook TT2 (original steel chassis version)
Mission 774
Denon DL103
Vintage Partridge/BBC SUTs
EMO Systems E235 phono preamp
Squeezebox 3
WAD KEL84
A&R Arcam Alpha CD
Mission 782
Projects:
Vestax/Heybrook hybrid turntable
Bitsa unipivot with Acutex M320 III STR cartridge.
Re-housed WAD Phono 2 with Nick Gorham design shunt PSU.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What victory, why is it a victory because he throws his toys out of the pram and flounces off in a strop. It is his strop, not mine. He can't take criticism or reply to it without conflict. I saw red as it represented all that is wrong with the current hi-fi speaker market, note *IMO*, you have an opinion and have just expressed it, I fundamentally disagree with it.

I will bake-off with him product any time he wants. That is the *proof* of who is right.

Most people at Audio Talk (and some have told me so) just skip read all his bullshit and got to the important bit. What is he trying to prove and who to??? his audience mostly hadn't a clue what he was talking about. Again in my opinion it reeked of ego based Guru-dom.

hillsanddalesrover

Unread post by hillsanddalesrover »

So Richard, how many people REALLY care about your evangelical campaigns ?

I'm told most on here can't be arsed anymore, and on AT, perhaps the majority, are sick to death hearing about it.

You assassinated David (MRCU) for ages, yet now he can do no wrong in your eyes, yet no apologies ?

You are a strange man Richard.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I really don't care if no one wants to hear it, I largely do it for me, it is largely therapeutic. I spent 20 years in this industry with my hands tied and my mouth taped up, this freedom now to tell the truth is important for me.

You obviously can't read as I have explained fully twice at Audio Talk (where you are a posting member) about Dave and MCRU. Before I disliked Dave (on what I saw and read) and disliked MCRU. On meeting Dave I like the man but still dislike MCRU, he will continue to have the piss taken about £1500 mains leads, and similar. To be honest he takes the piss out of them himself, but takes the attitude that if some one wishes to give him the money he will take it. A business decision I disagree with but at least he is honest about it.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Hello hillsanddalesrover.

Please go away. You are being tiresome.

Regards. Derek
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

hillsanddalesrover

kimangelis wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:41 pm Hello hillsanddalesrover.

Please go away. You are tiresome.

Regards. Derek
That's off topic. :lol:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

It's also ad hominem. But wouldn't be if kimangelis ammended his post to "You are being tiresome".
Which would be his opinion, which you would be quite welcome to rebuff, if you so wished hillanddalesrover.

kimangelis
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Quite correct. Afraid it's my accent talking/writing.

Please go away. I believe you are being tiresome.

Regards, Derek
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

hillsanddalesrover

kimangelis wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:02 am Quite correct. Afraid it's my accent talking/writing.

Please go away. I believe you are being tiresome.

Regards, Derek
Your opinion is noted. 8-)

I may not agree with you though. :lol: