Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Joe - I have said before and I will say it again (and for ever and ever and ever an..........). I have never created conflict, I point at stupidity, lies, ego infatuation and comment on what I see, and explain the crazy often illegal history of this industry. The response is the conflict, a bag of shite is thrown, so I throw a bigger bag back and before you know it you get over 10 years of the pleasure of taking the piss out of Marco.

Are you saying once you look past the bollocks there is not correct and good information here, in that case you are not looking hard enough.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

"Pathetic"

Another one crossed off.
Three more for a line :lol: :lol:

I'll have a full house in no time at this rate :lol:
Last edited by SteveTheShadow on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bigman80 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 pm Hahaha ignore me.

Relying on DQ to defend your behaviour. Pathetic.
Say something that makes sense, or I can see a path for a response, I will respond. It might help if you keep to one point at a time, instead of throwing reams of mixed up rhetoric and expect a response.

joe

Unread post by joe »

It wasn't meant personally. There is good and correct information here, of course, but, as is the case with all the forums I know about, it's surrounded by a lot of rhetoric and bollocks (and handbags at dawn). I doubt it's specific to hifi; a politics forum I used to frequent was every bit as bad; sensible discussions and useful information struggling to make themselves heard above the noise. Maybe it's a bloke thing.

Anyway, I ought to step out of this thread now, as I have nothing useful to add and am therefore committing the same sin I'm so eager to accuse others of!

Bigman80
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Bigman80 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 pm Hahaha ignore me.

Relying on DQ to defend your behaviour. Pathetic.
Say something that makes sense, or I can see a path for a response, I will respond. It might help if you keep to one point at a time, instead of throwing reams of mixed up rhetoric and expect a response.
It all makes sense, doc. There's no need to indulge further. I made my point. I'd prefer to not have to continue A) defend myself B) point out the nasty nature of the posts on here.

I'm happy to shut the fuck up. As long as I am left alone. My views are my own and I don't impart them as "the gospel of HiFi" if you don't agree then being constructive about why not, is fine. Explaining why is also fine. Educating someone is fine and welcomed. Being derogatory or insulting Is NOT. If the insults stop, I stop. Simple. I'm happy to learn, I'm happy to participate in a non defensive or attacking way but are YOU prepared to do the same?

It's a choice.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The only point you have made is you haven't a point, well I can't see one, it is a brain jumble of misconstructed half truths, lies, rhetoric, insults, and unintelligible nonsense.

The point is, do you actually have a point, as no one here is seeing one. If you have a point could you put it in one sentence that makes sense in English please.

Take note as long as you act the way you have been up until now you will never be left alone, there is just too much comedic material in it.

Bigman80
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bigman80 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:56 pm The only point you have made is you haven't a point, well I can't see one, it is a brain jumble of misconstructed half truths, lies, rhetoric, insults, and unintelligible nonsense.

The point is, do you actually have a point, as no one here is seeing one. If you have a point could you put it in one sentence that makes sense in English please.

Take note as long as you act the way you have been up until now you will never be left alone, there is just too much comedic material in it.
You are incorrect yet again. I've made multiple points about your behaviour on the internet and you refuse to acknowledge my point because then you would have to explain yourself or not, which either way will result in an recognition of the level of your guilt.

Keep pussy footing around my posts Doc. It painting a very clear picture.

And as to my behaviour on the internet, I'll continue to do whatever I like. You won't change it and neither will your disciples. You and your pals won't stop me with your rhetoric. It has no validity or credibility. It's something we can discuss in person when I see you next ........ or not as I suspect.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bigman80 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:33 pm
Well done, Read the stuff written about Arkless and get back to me

I'll write what i like where i like.
Bigman80, yes you can write what you like where you like.

However, for anyone breaking the clear and simple rules of this forum, what they write may be subject to moderation.

As for Arkless, have you read this thread? http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=174778

Would you like to, for example, give us links to specific examples of things that the Doc has said that gave you the impression that he was bullying someone?

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bigman80 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:51 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:39 pm :mrgreen: There has been talk here and at Audio Talk of creating a thread where I can be the subject. So here it is :mrgreen:

C'mon Bigman, show us how big and strong you are. :whistle:
Why am I being invited to join in with an ego boosting session?

I have no opinion on you (the man) personally other than what I said about meeting you at the Bakeoff. You are very confident in your opinion and demonstrated your equipment which I though was very good.

The "Doctor Bunsen Honeydew" character that frequents this and other forums is a cancerous growth which feeds off the enjoyment of inflicting ridicule and cheap shots on anyone who pops up on his "internet police" radar. The self professed exposer of the truth, merely revels in trying to destroy the characters and reputation of those who have experienced failure in their life by persistently dredging up possible alcohol dependency issues and laughs along with his groupies who follow his lead. He is nothing short of a ring leader for those too meek to have an opinion of their own. He singles out a victim and then decided to attack them liabelously, without evidence. His opinion is the only justification he needs. When said character isn't doing this, he can impart some wisdom on the masses. Items such as - definitions of amplifier classes and speaker placement have been informative to read and very enjoyable. If only the Dr Bunsen Honeydew could behave like that consistently! I believe the motives of the character as placed with good intentions or were, but the methods used are cowardly and unforgivable. It's akin to bullying.

"When one, who does not confirm to the bullies ideals, he is then singled out for humiliation and vocal or physical attack"

Bullying.

I have met Richard, the man. He was inoffensive and quite entertaining in a way.

If I were to meet Dr Bunsen Honeydew, it would be a very enjoyable affair. For me anyway.

This is the case with most bullies. Give it the big talk when they are safe with their mates (or behind a keyboard)

They shut the fuck up when they're on their own. That's pretty much how it went at the bakeoff. You had a chance to see how big and strong I am.

You did nothing. You said nothing.

End of.
I disagree with what you're getting at with the section I've highlighted in bold.
My understanding is that you are saying that the Doc is a keyboard warrior that wouldn't say boo to a goose to someone in person.

My impression of the Doc is that if one were to say to him in person the sort of things that are said to him and about him on the internet, to which he responds in a combative manner then one would get the same treatment in person as online.
IE he is just as much a face to face warrior as a keyboard warrior.

If on the other hand you were to be as polite to him online as you were face to face with him then I would expect him to treat you with the same courtesy online as face to face.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

OOH! forgot about "disciples". There's "arse lickers" too Biggy if you want to try that....oh and "bum chums" too.

C' MON give us summat other than second hand, third rate clichés. :lol:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)