Naim

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Naim

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am told Naim is up for sale again. We were told the Focal buy out was a merger, but it wasn't that was just a sop for Naim owners. Well it seems the reliability of new products especially streaming is causing problems and Focal have had enough.

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Naim

Unread post by karatestu »

I have a couple of naim thingies and couldn't be less interested in what happens to them. I thought they were owned by some Chinese venture capitalists or some such. Or do they own focal as well ?

I had heard that most of Naim's business these days was with streaming products. I remember when their cd players started having digital out after all those years of them saying it was flawed. They talk out of their arses. About time those stupid din plugs were given the boot. I once blew a hicap lm317 in my early diy audio career through finding soldering a homemade snaic a bit tricky. Who would put signal wiring in the same cable as DC power anyway ?
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I don't have much interest, it is just I was told it over the weekend from a normally accurate source, so I thought I would share it as I have seen no mention elsewhere.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Lets hope the new owners only take the name and come up with some decent products that aren't all hype.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Their main business is now streamers of which better and cheaper can be purchased elsewhere. Who would buy it? Could be the end if just liquidated for assets by a new owner. The present owners are in fact an investment company who also acquired Focal. Will likely sell for what they can recoup from their losses. If only name is kept it likely will be made off shore but then can't see what the market for product would be. It isn't a fit for IAG who have swallowed up other ailing UK hi-fi brands. Would Naim fit with Spendor and SME owned by Cadence?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

karatestu
Great Britain

Well, i haven't seen any mention on pfm which is where i would expect to see it. I am not surprised it is being sold again. The big companies could all go to the wall as far as i'm concerned. I like to support small business who make excellent product and are passionate about what they do. Its a pity some small business' have to turn into big ones. Slurp.

Its nearly bonfire night so LP12's at the ready guys :epopc:
DIY FREE ZONE

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Naim is not a big company (only in terms of Uk based hi-fi).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

karatestu wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 pm Well, i haven't seen any mention on pfm which is where i would expect to see it. I am not surprised it is being sold again. The big companies could all go to the wall as far as i'm concerned. I like to support small business who make excellent product and are passionate about what they do. Its a pity some small business' have to turn into big ones. Slurp.

Before you burn it Stu, you must try my suspension bungs first as they make a difference.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

karatestu
Great Britain

Alfi wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 pm
karatestu wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 pm Well, i haven't seen any mention on pfm which is where i would expect to see it. I am not surprised it is being sold again. The big companies could all go to the wall as far as i'm concerned. I like to support small business who make excellent product and are passionate about what they do. Its a pity some small business' have to turn into big ones. Slurp.

Before you burn it Stu, you must try my suspension bungs first as they make a difference.

Alfi.
Only kidding John :grin: I will eventually get those "in soles" fitted .
DIY FREE ZONE

wiicrackpot
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

karatestu wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 am
Alfi wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Alfi.
Only kidding John :grin: I will eventually get those "in soles" fitted .
You are kidding me, between this and Lindsay's from Europa to Champions League phono bakeoff quip,
we got contenders for post of the week, you're in good form chaps. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Frank...made me do it.