Corbyn is an evil upstart monkey........

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Corbyn is an evil upstart monkey........

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I'd like to post this quote, which I think at the beginning paragraphs at least, sums up many people's views and then goes on -

'I have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true! We WERE lied to apparently - so I decided to do a little research.

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign unelected masters. That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege

However...

I did not know more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.

I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.

I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.

I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees.

I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.

I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!

I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.

I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.

I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU. They are the EU's representative to the country!

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision but I am now more sure than ever.

I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.

Apart from all that, everything's fine and anything Boris does to upset the silly and biased little Speaker and other pant-wetters in Parliament gets my full backing!'
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

antonio66
Great Britain

Unread post by antonio66 »

Nice post DSJR

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 am I'd like to post this quote, which I think at the beginning paragraphs at least, sums up many people's views and then goes on -

'I have realised that the Remainers have been right all along when they say I did not know all the true facts before voting to leave, and it's true! We WERE lied to apparently - so I decided to do a little research.

I just voted to leave because I thought our sovereignty was being compromised by foreign unelected masters. That we were compelled to have unlimited uncontrolled immigration, our laws and export agreements dictated by Brussels bureaucrats - and had to pay eye-watering amounts for the privilege

However...

I did not know more than 10,000 EU officials get paid more than our Prime Minister.

I did not know that, unlike the UK, 18 countries get more back from the EU than they put in.

I did not know that the EU occupies over 45 buildings - 2 of which were purpose built monuments of grandeur and are the largest buildings in Europe.

I did not know that the EU Parliament spends 150 million euros a year moving to Strasbourg every month for 4 days committee meetings - and any attempt to stop this madness is vetoed by France.

I did not know that the EU has had a huge luxury shopping Mall built in Brussels for exclusive use of EU employees.

I did not know that every day queues of chauffeur driven cars, with their engines running, wait outside EU establishments while their occupants go in, sign in for their attendance allowance and expenses, then come straight back out and are driven away.

I did not know that many of them (like the Kinnocks) end up as millionaires as a reward for looking the other way!

I did not know that Clegg was lying when he mocked Nigel Farage for saying that an EU army was being planned - and Brussels said all along that it would NEVER happen.

I did not know that the EU had been financing the mass movement of industries from UK to mainland Europe.

I did not know that every member of the EU Council has to swear an Oath of Allegiance to the EU - so they are not a country's representative to the EU. They are the EU's representative to the country!

I could go on and on but suffice it to say that I have never for a moment doubted the correctness of my decision but I am now more sure than ever.

I am so glad that the Remainers prompted me to look deeper into the bureaucratic absurdity of being in the EU.

Apart from all that, everything's fine and anything Boris does to upset the silly and biased little Speaker and other pant-wetters in Parliament gets my full backing!'
So like me, you’d willingly accept a reasonable Brexit deal that some future Parliament would vote for then?
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers

Simon Hickie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Excellent post DSJR. Indeed, it's perfectly reasonable to claim that the case for leaving was actually understated in the referendum campaign.

George Hincapie
Great Britain

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Docfoster wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am So like me, you’d willingly accept a reasonable Brexit deal that some future Parliament would vote for then?
A deal will tie us to the EU. We need a clean break. But I don't think we need to sort everything out at once; surely it'd be better to leave and keep everything the same until we change it? So Fisheries Policy, Immigration Policy etc. We don't need to have all the answers at once.

We were fine before EU integration and we'll be fine after, but I have to say the MPs trying to frustrate a democratic mandate should be taken outside and shot. I couldn't care less what they think is right, they are representatives of the people and should STFU and do as they have been directed.
Headphone Amplification
Linear Tube Audio MZ3

Headphones
HifiMan Sundara • HiFiMan Arya Stealth Edition • ZMF Vérité Closed Ltd (Stabilised) • ZMF Atrium Open Ltd (Hawaiian Koa) • ZMF Aeolus Ltd (Mexican Bocote)

Digital
Audial S5 • Pi2AES 2.0

Cables
Forza Audio Works • Blue Jeans • DH Labs • Periapt

Power
Farad • Tomanek

Sources
Roon • Tidal • Qobuz

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Good posts Dave and George.

Personally I would tell em to stuff any deal.

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

I turned down a job with the European Commission many years ago. If I had known the perks were that good I would have taken it and been set up for life.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 am I'd like to post this quote, which I think at the beginning paragraphs at least, sums up many people's views and then goes on -

However...

Brilliant post. Just sums up why we must leave for our own good.

Frankly the actions of so called Parliamentarians claiming to be democrats and the instant appearance of rent a mob in recent days has moved me to prefer no deal. We will see in the next week if the judiciary is also bent. Also John Major and Tony Blair should be held to account in creating this mess first one promoting and forcing Maastricht past Mps and secondly allowing the Scottish and Welsh parliaments. Blair didn't bank on the SNP actually taking control from Labour! I think Boris is doing a great job and as I have always thought is far from a clown as depicted by constantly picturing his publicity stunts.
Last edited by Classicrock on Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

My vibe is that we voted to leave, deal or no deal (sorry). I feel 'Westminster' personalities may well have too many fingers in European pies to have made this the easy exit 'we' hoped for and the last three years have been abominable politically I think. Had we narrowly voted to remain, none of the leavers would have said a word against the majority decision, as 'we'd' have just got on with life as before. The leave vote majority rocked the government to the core I reckon and rather than represent their constituents' views (leave to leave and remain to remain), MP's have tried their hardest to serve themselves I think and muddy the waters as much as possible to get their own way.

Next week will be fascinating and I feel some MP's are going to show us all just how self serving they can be. I hope 'we' remember this fact come election time! No chance anyone other than our also self serving Tory MP (who will turn up to the opening of an envelope) will be re-elected, as she has a huge majority among the 'woopie' population here on the coast and has recently been promoted in her government department.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Docfoster
Wales

Unread post by Docfoster »

George Hincapie wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:15 am
Docfoster wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am So like me, you’d willingly accept a reasonable Brexit deal that some future Parliament would vote for then?
A deal will tie us to the EU. We need a clean break. But I don't think we need to sort everything out at once; surely it'd be better to leave and keep everything the same until we change it? So Fisheries Policy, Immigration Policy etc. We don't need to have all the answers at once.

We were fine before EU integration and we'll be fine after, but I have to say the MPs trying to frustrate a democratic mandate should be taken outside and shot. I couldn't care less what they think is right, they are representatives of the people and should STFU and do as they have been directed.
I don’t think It’s helpful to conflate Brexit and the proroguing. Tho given current tribalism it’s hard not to, and I wish i’d better resisted!
Since the referendum, I don’t feel especially strongly about “leave - remain”. I voted remain, but given the result, I was committed to parliament working on getting us out. I assumed that the next general election (whenever that is) would better clarify a mandate and produce a parliament better placed to generate a majority for some form of Brexit.
But, I do feel strongly about subverting democratic process. For me, there is a strong thread to Johnson’s proroguing that is neither a party political nor a Brexit issue. It’s that that motivated me to post in this thread.
System 1: JRiver MC24 > Dell Latitude 7270 > Asus Xonar Essence One Muses Edition DAC & pre- > One4 Class A power amp (with Dynamic PSU boards) > DIY Monacor SP-310CX speakers & DIY Dayton Audio SD315A-88 bass cab.
LC Audio Technology mains DC filter > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply
TQ (Wonfor) Ultra Black cables.

System 2: Anything with a headphone socket > Inca Tech Claymore > DIY Monacor SP-308CX speakers