Maybe I'm odd, but this has genuinely made my day.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Maybe I'm odd, but this has genuinely made my day.

Unread post by slinger »

Right wing fury as Vicar of Dibley set to ‘take the knee’ and deliver BLM sermon
Gerard Batten and Laurence Fox were incensed by the news.

Right-wingers reacted in fury today after it was revealed that the Vicar of Dibley will ‘take the knee’ and deliver a sermon about Black Lives Matter when the show returns for a Christmas special.

Former UKIP leader Gerard Batten joined a chorus of discontent over news that Reverend Geraldine Kennedy, played by Dawn French, will mention the killing of George Floyd and call out racism in the show’s new episodes.

The vicar will acknowledge that Dibley, a fictional rural village in Oxfordshire, could certainly be more diverse, saying: “I don’t think it matters where you’re from. I think it matters that you do something about it because Jesus would, wouldn’t he?”

She continues: “Until all lives matter the same, we are doing something very wrong.”

We need to focus on justice for a huge chunk of our countrymen and women who seem to have a very bad, weird deal from the day they’re born.”

She then makes a reference to taking down old notices in the village, which could be a nod to taking down statues with links to slavery, saying:

I think that in Dibley perhaps we should think about taking down some of these old notices like this and that and perhaps we should put up one like this instead.”

She then puts a home-made Black Lives Matter poster to the church noticeboard before taking the knee in the style of NFL footballers in the US.

Many people have supported the moves, but others were less happy.

Laurence Fox, who has courted controversy several times this year, was one of the first to respond, tweeting that the BBC’s “virtuous false enlightenment allows them to ignore the charter to educate the great unwashed”.
Laurence Fox
@lozzafox

A sermon from the high altar of the church of moral superiority, the @bbc

This virtuous false enlightenment allows them to ignore the charter to educate the great unwashed.

Do your job!

#DefundTheBBC

9:31 AM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Several others were quick to jump on, with the march to “defund the BBC” picking up support.

But former UKIP leader Batten’s response was a pick of the bunch. Feel the rage, below!
Gerard Batten
@gerardbattenuk

Please retweet this.

Dawn French, the BBC’s Vicar of Dibley wears an upside down cross.

This is a symbol of Satanism.

This isn’t a prop depart mistake.

This is what we are forced to pay the License Fee for.

DEFUND the BBC!

12:26 PM · Dec 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
SOURCE

I have a new-found respect for The Vicar of Dibley, Dawn French, and especially Richard Curtis and Paul Mayhew-Archer, the writers. This has honestly made my day. Gammons being upset by The Vicar of Dibley. (Little) Britain in a fucking nutshell. :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
NSNO2021 (Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:08 am)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: Maybe I'm odd, but this has genuinely made my day.

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

+1
As my old fella would say " their soft in the head" 🙂
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Re: Maybe I'm odd, but this has genuinely made my day.

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

The more the right get outraged the better I feel.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)