Gary Moore Fans

All music posts here please.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Gary Moore Fans

Unread post by slinger »

Unreleased Gary Moore songs compiled on How Blue Can You Get album

Listen to Gary Moore ballad In My Dreams, from upcoming album of unreleased and unheard songs How Blue Can You Get

This month marked the 10th anniversary of the death of former Thin Lizzy guitarist and solo star Gary Moore, and now Provogue Records have dug into the Moore archive to compile an album of previously unheard and unreleased songs.

How Blue Can You Get will be released on April 30 and contains eight tracks. First out of the gates is the Moore original In My Dreams, a Parisienne Walkways-esque ballad featuring that unmistakable Gary Moore tone.

Elsewhere on the album are versions of Freddie King's I'm Tore Down, Memphis Slim's Steppin' Out, Elmore James' Done Somebody Wrong and BB King's How Blue Can You Get, the song that gives the album its name. Full tracklist below.

"Gary Moore was a force," says Toto founder Steve Lukather. "His intensity, as well as his dynamic sweet soft tones, had such deep feel. He was a master, and I got to watch him play and meet him. He was a very nice man as well. His loss is felt by all who loved him, but we are blessed; we can still hear him play on the records, DVD's, and all that will live forever. He was a one of a kind."

"Gary Moore took the blues and turned it on its head for me," adds Black Crowes guitarist Chris Robertson. "His ferocity and his style of playing definitely has been an influence on me. There's a ferociousness on what he does that can't be matched."

"We grew up in the business together, and he eventually became a major solo star," says ex-Whitesnake man Bernie Marsden. "I wasn't remotely surprised, of course, as his playing was so astonishing, a great showman and performer. But to me, he was first and foremost, my friend, and I still miss him today! Enjoy this rare recording."

How Blue Can You Get will be released on limited edition deluxe CD – containing four guitar picks, two coasters, a postcard and a sticker – as a regular CD, and as a blue vinyl LP. It's available to pre-order now.

How Blue Can You Get tracklist
1. I’m Tore Down
2. Steppin’ Out
3. In My Dreams
4. How Blue Can You Get
5. Looking At Your Picture
6. Love Can Make A Fool Of You
7. Done Somebody Wrong
8. Living With The Blues

https://www.loudersound.com/news/unreleased-gary-moore-material-compiled-on-how-blue-can-you-get-album

Deluxe Edition pre-ordered from Amazon. £15.99
These users thanked the author slinger for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm) • guydarryl (Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Re: Gary Moore Fans

Unread post by montechristo358 »

lets hope its good and not just a cash in by the label
These users thanked the author montechristo358 for the post:
slinger (Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:53 pm)
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Gary Moore Fans

Unread post by slinger »

montechristo358 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:29 pm lets hope its good and not just a cash in by the label
It'll be dropping through my letterbox on the day of release. I'll let you know. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X