WAM Show Postponed

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: WAM Show Postponed

Unread post by CN211276 »

antonio66 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 am The Wam has been a better place without him there, I kinda thought Rabski had taken a leading role and has been excellent.
The occupant has departed and the previous ousted one has immediately stepped in. Sound familiar :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Bencat57
Great Britain

Unread post by Bencat57 »

I for one am gutted at the very late cancellation of the Wam Show I had a room booked from 2019 and have missed this gathering as some of the best fun I have had in a weekend.
The situation with Peter was becoming ever more difficult with deadlines not kept to an strops at requests for information . There was obviously more going on behind the scenes as well which I was not aware of.

So The Wam has new Admins and Peter is now no longer connected . This seems to have improved things with regard to information but it does require patience to let the new management sort things including the Wam Show for next March . From what i can gather this may well not be at Kegworth as things in the hotel have changed which make it now not an ideal venue . However that will not be an easy thing to sort so we will have to be patient for information .

I am still hopeful that things will change for the better now and I get an allocated room for next March I will still have my active system as the one to show and this will have three NVA Power Amplifiers in use so an interest for those on here as well . Will add any further information as i get it for those who are not bothered about viewing the Wam .
These users thanked the author Bencat57 for the post (total 4):
savvypaul (Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:43 pm) • CycleCoach (Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:42 pm) • Lindsayt (Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:42 pm) • antonio66 (Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 am)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

The Show section of the forum over on the WAM has gone quiet. No posts since Friday evening.

It'd be nice to get the ball rolling on a Spring 2022 show.

I personally preferred Scalford to Kegworth as a show venue. It'd be nice to find somewhere that combined some of the best aspects of each hotel.

Bencat57
Great Britain

Well as mentioned there are a number of issues (software and the fact that the owner is currently ill in hospital) which are taking attention away from other things so patience is need to give things time to work out . I would not expect any sort of announcements on the spring show much before November and then quite possibly only to confirm that Kegworth is now not a sensible option . Scalford has now be co-opted by the UK Gov as a place for refugees so that is no longer any possibility and finding a venue that will allow the upheaval to the rooms and has the space an right sized rooms for all the systems is not easy . Fingers crossed that it can be done before the end of this year and we can then have a decent run up next year both to get a good range of people to take a room and promote the show to attract good volumes of visitors on the day (it will revert to single Sunday open show) and if possible make the owners a decent profit as this will help to ensure that there is another show in 2023.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Running an enthusiast hi-fi show is something that you've got to have a passion for. Break even is best case scenario, imo.

If you open it up to trade then that's a potentially different calculation (and, to varying degrees, a different show).
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post (total 2):
Bencat57 (Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:02 pm) • slinger (Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:01 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Bencat57
Great Britain

Agree Paul but the last show which was in the single day format and had decent weather in 2018 attracted quite a large number of visitors and as far as I am aware did more than cover the costs which I was please about as if these things only cover costs then they become tenuous going forward. I know that the year before which was snow bound lost quite a bit so it does illustrate as you say how fragile one of these events can be . I also freely admit to being purely selfish in wanting this to work as it is one of my best weekends for fun and listening to music .

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Exactly - some you win, some you lose. Break even, over time.
These users thanked the author savvypaul for the post:
Lindsayt (Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:24 pm)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Bencat57 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:51 am Well as mentioned there are a number of issues (software and the fact that the owner is currently ill in hospital) which are taking attention away from other things so patience is need to give things time to work out . I would not expect any sort of announcements on the spring show much before November and then quite possibly only to confirm that Kegworth is now not a sensible option . Scalford has now be co-opted by the UK Gov as a place for refugees so that is no longer any possibility and finding a venue that will allow the upheaval to the rooms and has the space an right sized rooms for all the systems is not easy . Fingers crossed that it can be done before the end of this year and we can then have a decent run up next year both to get a good range of people to take a room and promote the show to attract good volumes of visitors on the day (it will revert to single Sunday open show) and if possible make the owners a decent profit as this will help to ensure that there is another show in 2023.
So then why not mobilise the enthusiasts for this enthusiast show to help find a venue for Spring 2022.

There must be some members of the Wam, or other forums that know about suitable hotels in the Midlands area.
So that a venue long list or short list could be created.

What with the lead times in booking these things it makes sense to approach some places for pricing etc as soon as possible.
Instead of doing nothing till November.