Hi-Fi World

All general audio posts go here.
Progmeister
Great Britain

Hi-Fi World

Unread post by Progmeister »

I read a post on socoal media that Hi-Fi World magazine are struggling. Has anyone heard anything to this effect?
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Hi-Fi World

Unread post by savvypaul »

Progmeister wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm I read a post on socoal media that Hi-Fi World magazine are struggling. Has anyone heard anything to this effect?
Quite possibly - they haven't maintained their online content for a few years, so they are struggling to attract advertisers given that the hard copy circulation of the mag is a tiny fraction of what it was in their heyday.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I heard the same thing, but probably from the same source as you.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

It certainly looks like it's gone into receivership.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I have read that the pandemic had a lot to do with it affecting sales to news agents, railway stations and airports world wide. Everything has been hit, my local bookie and pub have gone.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

From the Enjoy the music web site.

" Published since 1991, I regret to tell you that after 32 years Hi-Fi World magazine must now cease publication, since the company producing it - Audio Web Publishing Ltd - has became financially unviable due to loss of bookstand sales in the High Street, at railway stations and airports around the world during the Covid Pandemic. Until 2019 Audio Web Publishing Ltd was trading profitably, but has currently ceased to do so.

As director I am obliged to liquidate the company and have appointed KSA Group Ltd (licensed insolvency practitioners) to assist and place the company into a creditors voluntary liquidation in order to protect creditors interests.

All creditors of the company will receive, by post, from KSA Group Ltd, details of a forthcoming creditors meeting and how to make a claim in the liquidation for any financial loss you may have, or are likely to incur.

I offer heartfelt thanks to all the readers who have supported us for so long. It was the work of my lifetime and very enjoyable too. Thank you all so much.

Noel Keywood
Publisher"

I think that is fairly conclusive.
https://www.enjoythemusic.com/hifi_world/
These users thanked the author Geoff.R.G for the post (total 2):
savvypaul (Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm) • slinger (Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:06 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Geoff.R.G wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:38 pm From the Enjoy the music web site.

" Published since 1991, I regret to tell you that after 32 years Hi-Fi World magazine must now cease publication, since the company producing it - Audio Web Publishing Ltd - has became financially unviable due to loss of bookstand sales in the High Street, at railway stations and airports around the world during the Covid Pandemic. Until 2019 Audio Web Publishing Ltd was trading profitably, but has currently ceased to do so.

As director I am obliged to liquidate the company and have appointed KSA Group Ltd (licensed insolvency practitioners) to assist and place the company into a creditors voluntary liquidation in order to protect creditors interests.

All creditors of the company will receive, by post, from KSA Group Ltd, details of a forthcoming creditors meeting and how to make a claim in the liquidation for any financial loss you may have, or are likely to incur.

I offer heartfelt thanks to all the readers who have supported us for so long. It was the work of my lifetime and very enjoyable too. Thank you all so much.

Noel Keywood
Publisher"

The pandemic happened, and HFW had no online offering. It should have been the wake-up call they needed, but they either didn't have the will, or the resources.

I enjoyed it back in the '90s - it was less of a pure 'consumer' mag than most.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

savvypaul wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:56 pm
Geoff.R.G wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:38 pm From the Enjoy the music web site.

Noel Keywood
Publisher"

The pandemic happened, and HFW had no online offering. It should have been the wake-up call they needed, but they either didn't have the will, or the resources.

I enjoyed it back in the '90s - it was less of a pure 'consumer' mag than most.
I stopped buying Hi-Fi magazines some time in the 80s but it did occasionally look at Hi-Fi World. As you say it was not so much of a consumer magazine and had some informative articles.

How such a magazine should have got to 2020 without a significant online presence is baffling. However, it is not the first to collapse for lack of hard copy sales and undoubtedly won’t be the last. At a time when quality is being sacrificed for convenience the loss of a voice if favour of music matters. We can only hope for an online revival.