Imagine

All general audio posts go here.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Imagine

Unread post by slinger »

Imagine you've just won the EuroMillions lottery, which was on it's 4th rollover. You have all the money you could ever want and then some. What amp(s), speakers, and CD player OR record deck will you choose as the primary source for your brand new, purpose built, listening room?

Things to remember are...
#1 You are now filthy rich, it doesn't matter how much you spend.
#2 You are now filthy rich so b*ll*cks to what your friends think about your amp, even if it's got more tubes than London.
#3 You are now filthy rich, you only have to justify your choice to one person and that's you.
#4 You are now filthy rich and if your partner complains about your choice you really don't need to care, although you will of course pretend to value their opinion. Actually, not much of a change there then. ;)
#5 Lets not get bogged down with what leads/speaker cable you want or we'll be here all bloody week. We all know you're filthy rich by now but just the hardware please.

Ladies and gentlemen, please start dreaming now.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Imagine

Unread post by terrybooth »

Forget about the amps and such. I'd just go and listen to live music wherever I fancied. :violin:
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Sovereign
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

I'd probably go for two pairs of TDS' and audition lots of different speakers.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I'd start by getting a new house worthy of a decent Hi-Fi! Then some big full range electrostatics after that, dunno.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Anesthetise
Poland

Unread post by Anesthetise »

A nice turntable, a nice DAC, TDS for neutrality, a cable set probably from NVA, a wide choice of different speakers - Royds, Eposes, old Goodmans, and other 'classic' constructions to switch around to match different music. And a listening room properly treated, like this one :mrgreen: :ugeek: Cause a hi-fi set worth too much would destroy the cosiness of the room (looks too 'seriously') and the specific, natural atmosphere.
analogue: pioneer pl71, 2x technics 1210 mk5, shure m44g, goldring 1042, mastersounds radius 4v, mastersounds fx unit, strymon el capistain, half a tone of records
digital: laptop, rp4 with digi+ hat, V-DAC II + tomanek power supply, SC5000 prime
wires: ls3 and various interconnects, half a TB of files
amplification: p50sa seiden modded, a80s, royd rr1, goodmans magnum

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Money no object ,

I would buy a pub [ the continental in preston ] and then i'd pay Genesis to reform including Gabriel and Hackett and have them play at my beck and call .

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Money no object , i'd pay Genesis to reform including Gabriel and Hackett and have them play at my beck and call .
I really like your thinking - I'm in :)

Money no onject, I'd say bugger the hifi and travel the World in luxury until I'd run out of money. Then I'd go back to my existing system...
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Something like this would make a nice home for me and my hi-fi: Chateau

jandl100

Unread post by jandl100 »

:drool:

And the MBL amps to go with 'em.

Oh, and the mansion to put them in.
Jerry - unrepentant boxswapper 8-) Life's too short for boring hifi !

Current system ... MBL 116F speakers, ... various and varying electronics and cables ... Laptop (TIDAL hirez)

selby

Unread post by selby »

"Holy Smokes Batman"

Jeez I really do need to earn more money!
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors