AoS

Commentaries on other forums, people, events etc.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: AoS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

Now we have the guy who "designed" this bearing jumping in to provide more fuel for Il Duce's Aspergers syndrom. Now this is fine, there are many disputes between ex partners and much money in lawyers pockets. The thing I find most silly is to call Dave because he took a bearing to a bearing manufacturer and said "how can I improve on it", I am afraid in the real world it happens all the time, in fact I would say every manufacturer in every industry has explored existing things and said how can I improve on it. So what is this nonsense about "asking permission" to do it - bonkers. Lets look at reality and a specific pet manufacturer of Marco's. Is he saying that his Anthony TD amp was just designed from scratch, and Anthony hadn't owned another amp by another designer in his life that he didn't look at and say "how can I improve on it". The whole argument is fallacious in the extreme.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 am

jandl100 wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:..... it is evident that he sets himself up as a paragon of complete virtue in opposition to those he defames, much like John Major used to espouse family values whilst shagging Edwina.
:think: Hmm - but there was something about Edwina, wasn't there.
If I weren't happily married I'd have invited her over to Togo for a while myself .... :shifty: :shhh:
I always thought you had some odd tastes in hifi - occasionally :naughty: but you obviously apply it to women as well, I wouldn't touch her with yours let alone mine :snooty:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 am

This is fun isn't it - inter forum conversation again :roll:

BUT oh great and omnipotent one, he didn't do it, he thought about (according to you) and explored the possibility. That is on a par with Jerry dreaming about shagging Edwina Currie - he didn't do it so no divorce :lol:

Why don't you just admit it, this is your problem no one elses, it is your lunacy, just like you have done with others in the past, you get fixated, you attack and try to destroy them, even other forums with threats of extreme violence, which lets face it is pathetic. I am sure Dave has been a naughty boy, but so have you. Most *NORMAL* people say / discuss it once and move on, not you - chew chew chew chew until there is nothing left to chew on - you are seriously bonkers Marco you need to let someone with a psychiatric quali have good look at you for your own good.

Neilardo

Unread post by Neilardo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 am

Doc, from the obvious joy you take in winding Marco up, I suspect you may have been the type to pay a penny to visit bedlam in another age. :naughty: :lol:
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Neilardo wrote:Doc, from the obvious joy you take in winding Marco up, I suspect you may have been the type to pay a penny to visit bedlam in another age. :naughty: :lol:
Yup! and throw rotten fruit at them :mrgreen:

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Did they put these here to dissuade such behaviour?
imperial-war-museum.jpg
imperial-war-museum.jpg (10.92 KiB) Viewed 19479 times
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro two-up

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 pm

And again :dance:

Sorry no comparison, I am railing against an industry as it was, and still tries to be by some dinosaurs. No one is singled out for destruction, it is disgust with a concept. You are not the same, you support blatant spammers like MCRU at the expense of his competition, yet you try to harm, and in this case commercially destroy an individual and a company because of your own manic ego based interpretation of events. Most likely the problem in your mind has nothing to do with Mike New it is the fact that Dave used to crawl up your arse and supply you with free samples and new dem stuff on loan, and then he withdrew it - how dare he :lol:

Why don't you answer DQ's question about how you have used your position as forum owner to join in the slurp - so reply, what do you pay for your stuff you use. Lets look into your dirty little corners instead of singling out others - people who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm

You are giving us the last word :? you are withdrawing from the affray :shock: well DQ must have rattled you. So you don't want people exploring your dirty little corners, running away doesn't remove the challenge.

Perhaps in the future you will think twice about making open self interest attacks and *using* your forum power to play your nasty little games - but I think, some hopes :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 am

Well seeing as we have moved away from the loony exchanges and in theory we can now discuss things amoungst ourselves again. So what do you lot think about a forum trying to commercially assassinate an individual and his company. I say a forum as it seems other members at AoS hackles are up as well, I don't know if that is genuine or just Marco winding them up. As I have said I really don't know why nor do I care, but in principle no matter what is done shouldn't we just comment and leave it at that, am I the only one to see this vitriol aimed at Dave Cawley as bordering on manic. In fact to be honest personally I think it is over the border.

Daniel Quinn
Nicaragua

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Well Doc , lets consider the following

Arete; Virtuosity and goodness.

Eunoia; Goodwill to those you address.

Phronesis; Using wisdom and knowledge in a practical way.

I'll be using the above as guidelines for how I use this forum, I hope you'll agree.

Things we really like here:

Friendly people.

Differences of opinion discussed sensibly.

Pictures and lots of them!

Humorous banter.

Liberal use of the smilies. etc etc

Things we don't like here:

Defamatory comments about any manufacturers or dealers.

Defamatory comments about any other member of this forum or any other hi-fi forum.

'Willy waving' (i.e. boasting about one's system in a monetary value sense).

Swearing excessively. The occasional bit may slip thorough, but nobody wants to hear 'f this' and 'f that' all day long.

Now the above are the words of il deuce and if anybody can reconcile them with his comments on DC then they are better man than me .
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS