Are We There Yet Dad.

All general audio posts go here.
wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are We There Yet Dad.

Unread post by wallace »

After spending several hours this morning listening to music,while her indoors was out playing wif waf with her mates,i realized i was totaly content with my system.
Loved every second of it,it also occured to me that i no longer go to sleep dreaming of that £300 i/c or psu that i think i need.I have three systems that i no longer feel the need to change.It would seem that i am at last there.Am i the only one :shock:
It does leave a bit of a gap in my life,as i now only amuse myself by modding my grado headphones.
I guess you vinyl boys will never get there, to many carts out there.
Will oil the chain on my bike in the morning and do what my mrs says and get out more. :lol:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Are We There Yet Dad.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You could always get a new lawn mower.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I might just modify my old one,will get my soldering iron out in the morning....
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just fit "go faster" stripes, by the way is it a direct drive or belt drive, 'cos you know belt drives don't hold their speed so the grass cut is uneven.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

It is direct drive,so no problems there.I was thinking that a Russ Andrews PowerMax mains cable might bring some uniformity to the grass height.Also a set of Zapperators to help with resolution at the edges.Still early days and the lawn is under a couple of inches of water now,ah well back to cutting those drivers out of the SR325's. :twisted:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ah, but now is the time for lawn mower mods as you wont have time once the grass gets going - if we get a summer in '13.

I wouldn't waste my money on a Russ Andrew one when you can get a MCRU one for 10p cheaper, and remember the latest vogue is for pure copper connectors, Rhodium plating is soooo last year :mrgreen:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Naw sod MCRU,you can't be penny pinching when it comes to this sort of thing.After all you only get what you pay for in this life. :whistle: I might have some Rhodium in the shed,i'll have a look.