copying music folders

All general audio posts go here.
spacejay
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

copying music folders

Unread post by spacejay »

this has turned out to be a nightmare so hopefully someone has got some advice for me. i decided to reinstall my main pc's operating system (xp) a few weeks back for a number of reasons. all my music is on the main pc and also the music pc has an identical copy. there was also a back up copy on a hard disk drive that i kept off site.

anyway after installation i tried to copy across the music folder from the back up copy and but it had got corrupted and was having errors that couldn't be fixed. no problem i thought, i just bought a 124gb usb stick, and after much faffing and failing with that i discovered that i should have formatted it with ntfs. okay so i now have just one folder of my music on the standalone music pc but earlier today i discovered that when i copied all the music onto the usb stick and then my main pc the most of the files were corrupted and unusable. at the moment i have a 'detect and fix' scan running on a copy on the usb stick which looks like it is fixing errors on every song (about 65gb of flacs). i went through this process a few days ago so am pretty sure that it isn't going to fix the problem.

anyone know what is happening and how i can get a usable copy because i don't want to rely on just the one copy on my music pc............