The Lawnmower thread

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CageyH-FX1200
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Lawnmower thread

Unread post by CageyH-FX1200 »

Yep, set and forget.
If you want a bigger bang, you just put two charges in (sometimes required if there are two galleries). It's very effective, and you don't have to handle the casualties.
Unfortunately, I believe it is illegal in the UK.

Pinky,

something to add to the French house shopping list. :think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6Epq85EvsI

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

CageyH-FX1200 wrote: This is where "le detaupeur" comes in to play.

Mole mine - Le Detaupeur
As a naughty 11 year old I would have loved being able to buy those. Trouble is moles are boring, teachers would be much more fun :twisted:

Oldpinkman
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Oldpinkman »

Moles are not our No1 problem. They are at the very far end of the far paddock only. Ant hills (huge mounds) are a problem. Stones - yes - but for me this time also sections of discarded wall lobbed into the bottom paddock by some kindly Romany no doubt - hidden in the overgrown grass

I suffer with roots like the doc - particularly one large willow tree. But the real bane of my life are rabbits and squirrels. We bought a new set of squirrel proof bird feeders, where a protective cover slides down if the squirrels approach from above, and then realised that to be effective they need to be 1.5m from any climbable surface - so won't fit a standard bird feed station. I constructed a suitable structure from offcut timber in the shed - neatly half-lapped 4x2 cross for the base (not very neatly - blew the router up). 2.1m 2x2 for the upright(sorry for the mixed units of measurement - its a generation thing) and a 2.1m length of skirting across the top to hang the feeders from. Sue wasn't happy with the design and asked when I planned on nailing Jesus up there.

So - instead of peanuts one end , seed the other, switched to a long arm with both feeders on the same length, 1 foot (ok 30cm) apart but still with the nearest feeder 1.5m from the upright. The other short "arm" is diagonally braced to the upright. Sue thanked me, saying she felt a gallows was just what the garden needed to brighten it up.

I won't rush to give up my day job. :doh:

Lowthers are being collected by Owen this morning from Sheringham. I bloody hope someone bids the extra £14 needed to relieve me of the obligation to pick up the beauhorns :oops:
Not Funk Firms paid marketing department - but friend of Arthur K's and ex-Pink Triangle.

Open minded, but always right