LS7 Speaker Cable

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: LS7 Speaker Cable

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I think they have still got some more burn in and improvement to go, but we will see. So even now at a 30% lower price I win :dance:

familyguy
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by familyguy »

But I've only had my LS6s for a month . Haven't even sent my LS5s back for trade -in . HO HUM better start doing more overtime again :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There are now some 170 hours on the LS7. A comparison with the TQs again reveals that dimensions such as bass extension, treble extension, fine detail and dynamics are all on a par. The presentation remains different, although this needs to be kept in the context of two cables that perform exceptionally well.

As I stated previously, I believe this will remain a personal preference and, even more important, a system synergy decision. The LS7 has slightly more edge, just a tiny bit more obvious but there all the same. There is an ever so slightly bright sheen. The TQs are slightly more spacious and a touch more mellow. This could be down to materials (silver alloy versus copper) or build design; however I don’t see it as a bad situation since it will allow the potential user to decide based on their particular preferred balance of merits in their system.

I’d better wrap up now and return the cables as I’m sure others will be chafing at the bit for a chance to hear them.

Regards

Martin Taylor

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

As usual a good honest unbiased review by Martin. LS7's seem to tick all the boxes but I wonder if he had fully run in LS6's whether it would have been a closer call with TQ's ? I only ask because my LS6's are singing and adding so much more insight into every recording good or bad.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

29mile wrote:As usual a good honest unbiased review by Martin. LS7's seem to tick all the boxes but I wonder if he had had fully run in LS6's whether it would have been a closer call with TQ's ? I only ask because my LS6's are singing and adding so much more insight into every recording good or bad.
I think there is amplifier synergy involved here as well. He uses an amp with a zobel network on the output :eusa-naughty:

PS isn't it time you reviewed them on Chews :teasing-poke:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

29mile wrote:As usual a good honest unbiased review by Martin. LS7's seem to tick all the boxes but I wonder if he had fully run in LS6's whether it would have been a closer call with TQ's ? I only ask because my LS6's are singing and adding so much more insight into every recording good or bad.
Well I think you are an obvious for beta testing the LS7 against your LS6. You can try Martins set when it comes back if you want.

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:PS isn't it time you reviewed them on Chews :teasing-poke:
I think I reviewed the LS6 on Chews, I have a quick look.

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I think there is amplifier synergy involved here as well. He uses an amp with a zobel network on the output :eusa-naughty:

PS isn't it time you reviewed them on Chews :teasing-poke:
Yes there is definitely some of that good cop bad cop going on with the TSS for sure.
I posted my review on Chews after Sovereign btw.

LS7 definitely want to hear it but put me a bit down the list as I have tweaked a lot recently so need to get a handlle on my reference sound ( plus hols coming up soon :mrgreen: )

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

I'd be interested in seeing if they are as much of a jump as LS6 was over LS5.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro