Soundcare spikes feet

All things NVA
jamesyao
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Soundcare spikes feet

Unread post by jamesyao »

I just saw a lots peoples used this spikes and give good comments of what they heard, plus I know it is not expensive, so I tried it.

James

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

figlet108 wrote:
But what's the theory behind why coupling solid state electronics to a shelf or floor make any difference?
I have read a couple small books on it. The general train of thought is that many components (components in amps included) are microphonic. The standard rubber feet you find on most equipment "traps' resonant energy causing a smearing of the sound.
Coupling the equipments is supposed to allow the energy to flow out of the equipment leaving the equipment with less resonant energy and therefore less timing smear so the resultant sound is more clear,open,defined and sharp.
Well that is the general theory, as RD says at the end of the day if it works for you then it works. A lot of people de couple with soft pads of air & water bladders. This isn't my cup of tea as I find it takes life out of the music making it soft and quite unimpressive.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Microphony [vibration causing electrical noise in electronic components ] is the reason why my phono amp has bits of bluetack on the pcb components . Don't ask me if it works but i figured it couldnt do any harm save for the warranty and that went when i hard wired the interconnect direct to the pcb. :D Additionally, its only a humble 640p so re-sale value is of no concern.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Daniel Quinn wrote: is the reason why my phono amp has bits of bluetack on the pcb components
Seems a good way to overheat those components, especially transistors and chips. :roll:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

My ignaramious logic thought is was only a 12v phono amp , it couldnt get that hot and to compensate, i took the lid off :lol:

Its lasted okay for the past 8 months and anyway when it blows up I can get me self an nva phono2 , which will of course last for ever because i wouldnt dream of tampering with it

I'm also sure I got the idea from an hI-FI mag , so it must be good idea :lol:

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

Sovereign wrote:
figlet108 wrote:
But what's the theory behind why coupling solid state electronics to a shelf or floor make any difference?
I have read a couple small books on it. The general train of thought is that many components (components in amps included) are microphonic. The standard rubber feet you find on most equipment "traps' resonant energy causing a smearing of the sound.
Coupling the equipments is supposed to allow the energy to flow out of the equipment leaving the equipment with less resonant energy and therefore less timing smear so the resultant sound is more clear,open,defined and sharp.
Well that is the general theory, as RD says at the end of the day if it works for you then it works. A lot of people de couple with soft pads of air & water bladders. This isn't my cup of tea as I find it takes life out of the music making it soft and quite unimpressive.
+1. Excellent explanation of how this works . I use oak cones under my AP 20 . I've removed them a few times and always replaced them again . I like the difference they make .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oak-cone-vibr ... 27ca71f60e

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Fuk - seen the price of three oak cone feet.....Id sooner break into my local cricket club and saw the points of the wickets.
jammy

:lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Buy these and if they don't work you could always become a punk :dance:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100x-14mm-Met ... 611wt_1140

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

jammy395 wrote:Fuk - seen the price of three oak cone feet.....Id sooner break into my local cricket club and saw the points of the wickets.
jammy

:lol:
Jammy you should be famous.

Theo
Great Britain

Unread post by Theo »

figlet108 wrote:Thanks Sov, that's exactly the kind of semi-plausible explanation my brain was looking for to be able to cling to in case it works...

And if it does work I'll improve it by painting them piano gloss black, slapping an NVA badge on them and selling them for £100 a set of 4 :D
I use acrylic cones under amps and phono stage, better than the rubber feet. Look nice and pointy. Could definitely be badged as NVA, except they're green...
T/T: Trio L-07D/Benz Glider; Dynavector DV507 MK II/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Phono: Whest PS30R SE. CDPs: Esoteric UX-1; Micromega Classic Solo; Oppo BDP-95. Digital: Cambridge CXN V2. R2R: Technics RS-1700. Amps: Exposure MCX Pre/4 x Exposure XVI Mono Power. Speakers: Jamo R909; Audiosmile Supertweeters Mk.2. Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-1000W. Mains: NVA BMU