NVA TSS

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA TSS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You are all getting everything arse about face.

Andrew the archive spec is the mk1 TSS it was on a chromed alluminium chassis and was produced in the early 90's.

When I decided to resurrect the Statement range TSS as mk2 it was built on one chassis like the mk1, but because it was acrylic it limited the power supply size as I had to use a heatsink as I didn't have the ally plate to act as heatsink as in the mk1. I produced one prototype and about 5 pre-production prototypes before I decided to redesign again to the mk3 which is the current one with separate much bigger external power supply box.

The pre-production prototypes are fine and can be sold on and I will service them, but the prototype (which is very marginal and a birdsnest) was sold to someone I considered a friend, the same as the prototype mk1 TDS was. The TDS sold in the early 90's to Dave Rosam and the TSS to Allan Brown. They were both sold very cheap on the understanding they would not be resold and if they were I would disown them, which was agreed to.

Both of these characters a couple of years ago shat on mine (and our forums) head. Dave was admin here and just walked off and left us in the lurch and formed his own forum, and Allan lied to me and went with him. It was only by luck I was able to activate an old version of the forum which meant we could keep it alive - so for me there is nothing worse than people who call you friend when they think they can get something and then shit on you when they want something else. I said I would never make that mistake again, and then I did :roll: hopefully I have finally learnt my lesson.

Anyway that is by the way. I would believe nothing that Allan Brown tells you as he is in the habit of just lying. I think he has tried to get a friend to sell his amp to try and deflect me, I don't think that man owns the amp because up to a month ago Allan was still saying he owned it on his and Dave's forum. So this new man has owned it for a couple of weeks and is now selling it :liar: - it is just another Allan Brown lie I am afraid.

So the amp is very prototype, the transformers are encapsulated (an experiment I didn't pursue, which makes the power supplies not repairable). The circuit boards and wiring are highly messed with which happens in prototypes (I should just destroy them).

So my advice is stay away from it at any price.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This has now been put up on the listing at ebay.

A: When i bought i the amp i knew it was a prototype/r&d (as stated) but not that NVA wouldn't want to service it. I want to be completely honest and let any potential bidders know this. However it is still a fantastic amp which is working perfectly and i'm sure will continue to work fine for many years. There is no reason you wouldn't be able to have it serviced/repaired elsewhere if it came to it.

Well no service agent will touch it - 1/ they wont know how to get into it and I wont help 2/ they wont understand the circuit and I wont help. Do you know what will happen if it survives, it will suddenly re-appear on a forum with photos saying look how crap NVA construction is as happened with the experimental A80's from the early 90's. That is why in all three case it was pleading "I can't afford it unless you sell me this one" my reply "well make sure you never sell it on" them "ooo no I never will I will love it for life" :roll: :roll: :liar: :liar: :naughty: :naughty: :snooty: :snooty:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Tis a shame when people are less than honest for sure, it makes life more difficult for everyone. :roll:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Rick
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rick »

I've always been a man of my word, however many times it has ended up costing me.

I have a real pet hate for unreliability and false promises. You only get to burn that bridge once with me. :twisted:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There is a very predictable pack of lies being spoken about this at a place and by people who have no knowledge but an axe to grind.

Facts about mk2 TSS - the prototype is the one that Alan Brown had. Two of the five production prototypes were built as TDS and converted to TSS. All have the same size transformers and those transformers are bigger than in the mk1 A80's, the rest of the power supply is bigger than the mk1 A80's as well. What they have in common with the A80's is that the input, pre driver and driver stage have one power supply and the output stage has another. Regarding circuit and PCB I have never made any secret that the circuit is the same in all amps the difference is power supply and the circuit being split for separate dedicated power supplies

The wiring and the transformers in Alan Brown's one are potted and the wiring is a birds nest and marginal, and if he wished to be given special treatment and helped he shouldn't have gone out of his way to try and damage this forum and lie to me, it has left me with no desire to help the man in any way. I personally believe that this Justin guy doesn't exist and is an Allan Brown glove puppet to sell the amp.

That house of NVA bile known as Chews is attracting all those who now think they want to damage me and the company, including my ex partner. Who as far as I know had an agreement (well he demanded it from me in order to no longer hack my computer or this forum) with me that we would not attack each other on line, well this latest from him is par for the course for someone who made a commitment to the company and then blackmailed his way out of it, his word is obviously marginal like the wiring in that TSS.

If the forum disappears or posts start disappearing again like the last time, and I disappear again as my computer is kicked off line again you will know who is doing it. The man was a kid hacker who now works for IBM and knows Windows inside out and backwards including all the back doors. But if he is saying he is insisting on giving the truth (pack of bitter lies) then we need to represent the other side as well.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Well It would seem common sense prevails and the sale as been ended by the seller .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Or he sold it off ebay, I have suspicion who to. Someone who has been selling gear last couple of days.

Daniel Quinn

that does explain things , but I thought he loved valves now :D

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Confirmed by Alan Brown sold off ebay (funny how he knows everything as it happens :roll: ).

Some one has bought themselves an expensive problem.

Daniel Quinn

Yep was just reading that , Chews is very funny . It should be re-named "The we've fallen out with RD Forum" They are like bitchy ex-wives :lol: Though that wouldn't explain Sovereign , but I do seem to recall he didn't take to kindly to the "troylte price promise ebay incident" :lol: