Malcolm Steward

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
southall-1998
Wales

Re: Malcolm Steward

Unread post by southall-1998 »

mules- You never shut up, do you?

Anyway, I have plenty respect for the ''intelligent'' working-class individuals. But less so for the ''intelligent'' middle-class. I don't know why, but there you go!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Gents. I suggest this discussion isn't going anywhere at the moment.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

mules
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mules »

Delete Ad hominem.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I was never a fan of MS's writings, as I felt that in the past, they were hugely led by the 'terrible two' UK manufacturers and that he really didn't know any more and probably rather less than the people he was writing to, despite setting himself up as some kind of irreverent guru, but NOONE deserves to suffer like he's doing right now and I hope a recovery of sorts is possible.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

mules

Unread post by mules »

I'm a bit disappointed that the ad hominem rule seems to trump sheer bad taste and judgement.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

mules wrote:Someone please reveal Mr Steward's breeding so that Shane can explain why it matters.
He is just a London Bloke, no severe London accent which normally denote lower class upbringing. So I suppose middle class, he was doing Photography and did some for Chris(t) Frankland so he got him to try writing reviews. Shane would love him he was / is a right miserable cantankerous sod, but amusing with. His wife is a delight, Pippa, so friendly and nice. He had (has) a love of fast cars, and back when I used to visit a Siamese cat called Cosworth, who insisted on siting on my shoulder. I genuinely liked the bloke, but hated his hi-fi taste which in the end made me give up on him.

mules

Unread post by mules »

Sounds like a lovely guy, Prof.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
mules wrote:Someone please reveal Mr Steward's breeding so that Shane can explain why it matters.
He is just a London Bloke, no severe London accent which normally denote lower class upbringing. So I suppose middle class, he was doing Photography and did some for Chris(t) Frankland so he got him to try writing reviews. Shane would love him he was / is a right miserable cantankerous sod, but amusing with. His wife is a delight, Pippa, so friendly and nice. He had (has) a love of fast cars, and back when I used to visit a Siamese cat called Cosworth, who insisted on siting on my shoulder. I genuinely liked the bloke, but hated his hi-fi taste which in the end made me give up on him.

I know what you mean Doc, one can be nice as nine pence, and a real diamond. But if their hifi sucks, best drop em like a stone, I just couldn't get on with folk like that.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :guiness;

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I have recently bought a load of Audiophile magazines from 1990-1994 , he did a lot of reviewing for this magazine and mentions before he ran off to London he was a telecoms engineer for 8 years .

Alas his Linn/Naim bias taints all his reviews . He did like the NVA AP35 though compared to a creek and he did it without mentioning Naim :lol: