Broke, skint, potless, gutted.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Broke, skint, potless, gutted.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Holidays are important IMO. We look forward to it, enjoy it and enjoy the memory. It is worth far more than the two weeks.

brit-pop
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by brit-pop »

Well, after a busy week which has seen me go from Newcastle to Leeds and London and back again I'm quite happy relaxing on the home front.

Mrs B getting on with the chores so today its vinyl and valves. So far we've had Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information, now we're onto some Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun.

A bit too early for a whisky yet :lol:

Progmeister
Great Britain

Unread post by Progmeister »

Ooooooh i used ta dream of livig in a corrodor!!!!!!!!!!!!
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

brit-pop

Now onto Joni Mitchell - Hejira. Loving Jaco's bass stylings on this.

Love this album, picked it up at a record stall for a couple of quid last year and totally forgot I bought it. It was lying at the back of the pile. Pleased it got dug out. First couple of tracks are a bit scratchy but the rest is good.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am hurt :crying-yellow: London and you didn't visit :snooty:

brit-pop

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I am hurt :crying-yellow: London and you didn't visit :snooty:
I tend to be in and out of there in a day or if I do stay through its usually central but after a 5am start in Newcastle I tend to have my dinner and go to bed, next time I stay through I''ll try to pop by.

Now onto Midlake - The Courage of Others (the saturday vinyl fest continues, despite the mucky looks I'm getting from Mrs Pop for not joining in with the chores :lol: )

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

I found Midlake's 'Courage of Others' a bit somber after the wonderful 'Trials of VonOccupanther' and their last 'Antiphon' was quite good as well.

Had a holiday in Playa Del Carmen about 10 years ago, you can see Cozumel from there. There is an amazing water park just down the coast where they have closed a sea inlet with nets (sharks out, fish in) and you can snorkel amongst the most amazing fish. Iguanas everywhere as well, big ones.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There was a really big multi coloured one that lived around the small pool at the hotel we stayed at. He was boss of the pool, it put up with women but if any men stood up to it then it used to wait until they weren't looking and went up and shit in their sandals. I watched this with hilarity and made a point of staying its friend, brought it some titbits from the breakfast table every morning. It happened too often to be co-incidence and often to the loudest American bloke - I liked that Iguana. Who says reptiles have no brains. :mrgreen:

brit-pop

My Mrs took some video on our last visit where I was eating a burrito on a beach and became surrounded by a half dozen large iguanas determined to bully that burrito from me. I escaped them by hurling it into a dustbin and they took off like a pack of hounds after it. The biggest of them climbed into the bin and emerged moments later covered beans and sauce.

They certainly weren't scared of me.

brit-pop

Fretless wrote:I found Midlake's 'Courage of Others' a bit somber after the wonderful 'Trials of VonOccupanther' and their last 'Antiphon' was quite good as well.

Had a holiday in Playa Del Carmen about 10 years ago, you can see Cozumel from there. There is an amazing water park just down the coast where they have closed a sea inlet with nets (sharks out, fish in) and you can snorkel amongst the most amazing fish. Iguanas everywhere as well, big ones.
I agree, it's a more sombre affair but still very good.

We plan on going to that water park and checking out some cenotes as well. We went to the xcaret Park last time and I enjoyed the swimming in caves and beach but I don't really get on with the animals in captivity thing. The beautiful jaguars just looked sad in their enclosure. Unless the zoo has a role in protecting the animals I don't want anywhere near it.