DIY Website

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: DIY Website

Unread post by Fretless »

Nicely put Doc, very clear and informative.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I recommend Squarespace for point and shoot websites.

Anyone can setup a basic site and if needed you can pimp it until it's a fairly large complex site like the NVA website. If you want me to set one up for you just shout, I'll happily do it for you.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

BilliumB

Unread post by BilliumB »

I use weebly.com and find it excellent.

Cheers. Bill

selby

Unread post by selby »

All depends what you want. If you're going to be reliant on people finding the website then you need it built properly and basic SEO done correctly, Google/Bing webmaster accounts setup, xml sitemaps etc.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Anything energetic that can be used to hurt can be used to heal, it is all in the intent (Chinese Yi), it is just yin and yang. My level has gone down through lack of work but you never lose it. The real masters in the energetic arts can tap you and you would scream and they could hit you and you would feel a passage of warmth following the strike and no pain, it is all in the mind and the intent as it "flavours* the energy. BUT if you wish to train for that level then allow yourself the odd twenty years at least. This is not taught, all you can do is show it and when someone is ready (which is what the training does) they will find it.

My speciality with my students was bad backs, it was originally traditionally used only to heal your student having hurt them in the martial training :mrgreen: Frustratingly for me it never cured the bad backs only relieved the pain for a few days, and if a temp condition allowed your body to do its own healing work without the muscle tension of the pain which interferes. But any muscular problem could be helped. I do much more complex energy leading work to help my cancer treatment, but I was very disillusioned that I got it in the first place saying "why didn't the tai-chi protect me, but those are silly thoughts, what happens happens".

You would have a fit if you saw me do it which is why it was only ever done with accepting students with some knowledge, basically you hit the area where the problem is hard with flat of hand or fist, but your mind directs the energy to heal and not hurt, and then you guide the energy with the flat of the hand.

There is a modern bullshit equiv based on similar style of energy work, it is called Reiki, but it is just commercial money making bullshit sadly. It works for some as belief is a strong healer, you heal yourself. Spiritual healing is the same. This is different and more complex and real. But Reiki works often in conjunction with western hypnosis as you are already putting people in that frame of mind, but never think of it as healing but with some people it convinces them to heal themselves. The body has enormous powers of self healing, the trick is to find something that motivates it.
Absolutely correct. As a hypnotherapist I am simply a facilitator. Each person has the ability to heal themselves but I use suggestion to take them on the journey their mind needs to take.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

selby wrote:I recommend Squarespace for point and shoot websites.

Anyone can setup a basic site and if needed you can pimp it until it's a fairly large complex site like the NVA website. If you want me to set one up for you just shout, I'll happily do it for you.
Thanks James. PM me if you like and let me know how much it would cost to get something up and running.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

jimbob wrote: Absolutely correct. As a hypnotherapist I am simply a facilitator. Each person has the ability to heal themselves but I use suggestion to take them on the journey their mind needs to take.
Another one may interest you. This is Paul he is a Black Belt and all the gubbins Karateka who competed for England at his weight, he came to me to try and understand this work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PF50Nhpo-0 these were filmed in 2003.

This was my boss when visiting UK in 2005 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQeXthRy1rw sadly no longer with us.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

What were his thoughts once he had experienced the techniques. It is obviously very different to Karate. I gained a second dan black belt in karate and it was a completely different animal to the techniques you use.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It was very hard for him to break the mind set, the game is opposite. In Karate it is force and strength using the techniques as trained, in TC it is softness and control and using the opponents strength against him. As you could see he is a small bloke, only about 5ft 6ins, he wanted a way to make that an advantage, and he picked up a bit of it, enough to help him. More a factor of surprise that anything else, he couldn't use the energy (Chi) but he could use the techniques. If he felt he was being overpowered he switched suddenly into TC and the opponent would be destabalised and lose balance and control long enough for him to get in a good shot and score.

Competition martial arts are not real, they are a game. TC can never be used in a TC competition it only has training techniques and for real. But it is useful in other competition martial arts to have an understanding of it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Youtube - Watched a couple of big Judo experts trying to throw a wee Ti Chi master, no mater how hard they tried they just couldnt, It seemed like some kind of energy in the wee mans movments opposed / negated every attempt made........Quite amazing. :think:

You would have thought some form of Hypnosis was being used (perhaps it was).!!