Cutting out the Middleman

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Cutting out the Middleman

Unread post by zebbo »

George Hincapie wrote:Our main family car is a Volvo XC90, which we love dearly. It's just done over 100,000 miles and I won't replace it until it dies. It's an amazing family car with a stupidly large load area and a high degree of comfort. We also have a leased Citreon C1 our au pair uses to drive the children to and from school. We change the au pair every 6 months and the lease every year :guiness;
At least some of that is a joke yes? :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

No, it's all true. Why would it be a joke?

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

George Hincapie wrote:No, it's all true. Why would it be a joke?
1882-2.jpg
1882-2.jpg (17.85 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
Now't funny about Nanny's..... :lol: :guiness;

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Sorry George, it was just the "We also have a leased Citreon C1 our au pair uses to drive the children to and from school." bit. Different worlds I guess. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I was going to say "it was the juxtaposition of Volvo that had done over 100,000 miles and nanny we caused me to question if you were being comical "

that was because I thought a nanny and an au pair were interchangeable terms . But I understand from google an au pair is a foreign student who looks after children in exchange for a home and pocket money . I may send my daughter to live in care [ her bedroom would be needed] and get me one of them :lol:

George Hincapie

zebbo wrote:Sorry George, it was just the "We also have a leased Citreon C1 our au pair uses to drive the children to and from school." bit. Different worlds I guess. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
No worries mate. My wife and I both work full time in Canary Wharf, and as we live in the country, it's 5 miles or so to the station so we need a car to deal with part of our commute. When the boys were younger we had a full time Nanny, but as soon as our eldest started school in September it didn't make economic sense to keep her on. An au pair was the the right answer; the best ones tend to stay only 6 months as they are simply trying to improve their English before returning to University or whatever.

A lot of our friends are fortunate to have family nearby to help with childcare; unfortunately my Mum is at home in Northumberland dying of cancer and my mother-in-law lives in Lyon - so it's a case of 'needs must' rather than 'look at me, aren't I Billy Big Balls?'

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well the joke back in 60's when it started was busty blond Scandinavian wenches who got bonked by the *master* of the house :lol:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

George Hincapie wrote: unfortunately my Mum is at home in Northumberland dying of cancer and my mother-in-law lives in Lyon - so it's a case of 'needs must' rather than 'look at me, aren't I Billy Big Balls?'
Sorry to hear that George. Things aren't all that easy for you. Best of luck with everything.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Well the joke back in 60's when it started was busty blond Scandinavian wenches who got bonked by the *master* of the house :lol:
Still happens, only its probably "Little Serb Serving Wench's" now.......

George Hincapie

Fretless wrote:
George Hincapie wrote: unfortunately my Mum is at home in Northumberland dying of cancer and my mother-in-law lives in Lyon - so it's a case of 'needs must' rather than 'look at me, aren't I Billy Big Balls?'
Sorry to hear that George. Things aren't all that easy for you. Best of luck with everything.
Appreciated, thank you Fretless. Increasing common these days rather worryingly.