AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I'd like an honest and straight-forward answer from Darius to the two questions I posed in this thread at 4.57 pm yesterday.

Depending on his answer I'd probably then have some further questions for him.
Of course he is under no obligation to parcticipate on this or any other forum at any time. If he wishes to keep his thoughts to himself then that's fair enough.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well this is now becoming very predictable. Email I just received from Darius. It seems he is going to transfer the now obvious agenda to What Hi-fi.

Dariusz Konkiewicz

12:06 AM (2 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Rich,

I must say you have quite a bunch of abusive and vicious customers and forum members !!! I understand that every small audio maker relay on and need support from customers and the forum is the place but.. hey, enough is enough.. even whf forum I post from time to time is more friendly and if I disagree with any of them I rather put together a funny comment than abusive and even if my funny is their abusive is still nowhere near 'fuckwit'
I'll put review of nva's there soon. more or less the same you already know.
Maybe there I'll have more polite discussion.

Regards,
Darius

My reply
If you have been back to look you will see I was out yesterday, when I came back the posts were moderated.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Yep, another agenda Monkey :obscene-moneypiss: should have geussed from his earlier threatening post below.

I think all the 3 threads should now be out there on other forums so other can have a bit of nva luxury treatment. (Darius).

Well Darius, post away, just remember to include the part about returned goods below.

Hi Richard,
Received the 3 boxes of NVA loan items, a few concerns.
Whoever re-packed these items deserves a kick in the nuts, just thrown in the boxes, no protection or care at all, I can see how they would originally been packed having received items from you previously and what is left of the packaging.
The AP50 box is soaking wet on the underneath and ripped/damaged in one corner with one speaker cable actually sticking out of the box. The amplifier itself it wet/condensation on the underside so I will dry it off, it is also a marked up mess, no bubble wrap, not cleaned etc.
I'm guessing the cubes, as they are demos, already had the corner chips/damage but none the less they are in a state, filthy dirty, smeared, finger prints and barely any protection.
It's more a respect thing really, to send on these items in this state is disgusting.
The speaker cables are so badly jammed in there with 2 being bent at such right angles back on them selves I'd be surprised if damage hadn't been done.
Some people just don't give a shit it seems. (Neil).

:guiness;

PS.....Looking for polite discussion, try the Wam or Audio Abattoir. :mrgreen:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: ...My reply
If you have been back to look you will see I was out yesterday, when I came back the posts were moderated.
Whilst the language used on this forum is more robust than the What Hi-fi forum, there are rules here on Hi-fi Subjectivist that prohibit ad hominem, spamming and shilling.

Of course there will be times when there is a delay between a breach of these rules and moderator action being taken. This is not a Cricket Test Match where we have 3 umpires, 2 on the field at all times during play and 1 in a room with video replay equipment to make decisions within a few seconds of an event happening.

In this thread there was a clear breach of the ad hominem rule for which full moderator action was taken.

Lindsayt
Nauru

When it comes to my hi-fi forum participation I see it as the equivalent of talking about football down the pub with a few mates. Where we may disagree about the merits of different teams and players, but at the end of the day it's only football and what we think of each other as people has nothing to do with which team each person supports.

I think that hi-fi is not something over which people should fall out over. It's only bloody hi-fi.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

It's the knife-fights in the car-park after closing time that I worry about.

"My Naim amps sound f**king great! Y'bastud."
"But them Isobariks is a pile of shite, dickhead!"

:violence-stickwhack: :violence-axechase: :violence-hammer:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Frasernash

Unread post by Frasernash »

Lindsayt wrote:When it comes to my hi-fi forum participation I see it as the equivalent of talking about football down the pub with a few mates. Where we may disagree about the merits of different teams and players, but at the end of the day it's only football and what we think of each other as people has nothing to do with which team each person supports.

I think that hi-fi is not something over which people should fall out over. It's only bloody hi-fi.
Yes I think we treated Darius very harshly he seems a good HIFI enthusiast

Neilwootton

Unread post by Neilwootton »

Treated him harshly ? If he'd have delivered the loan NVA items personally in that state he'd have got a worse bollocking ! :twisted:

joe

Unread post by joe »

Lindsayt wrote:When it comes to my hi-fi forum participation I see it as the equivalent of talking about football down the pub with a few mates. Where we may disagree about the merits of different teams and players, but at the end of the day it's only football and what we think of each other as people has nothing to do with which team each person supports.

It's also only one person's ears and brain that can judge whether a system is accurate/neutral/toe-tapping/whatever, yet the dogmatism sometimes displayed on forums would suggest that some believe they are uniquely qualified to make statements of absolute fact rather than of personal opinion on such matters.

Let's suppose a bake-off produces something other than consensus about whether a particular system or component is good, bad or indifferent. Whose opinion counts for most; the youngest person, with (presumably) better hearing who had had little chance to hear alternatives, or the oldest person, with less good hearing but who may have heard many different systems? Someone between these two extremes?

Neilwootton

Unread post by Neilwootton »

Except that has not been the case with my experience of NVA, at my bake off the reactions were not subtle, minute comparisons of competing equipment, all the reactions were big, bold, bloody hell that's good stuff which was my initial reaction to NVA on my first listen so didn't surprise me. It's just so much better than anything else within ten fold of its price, just look at what gear was at my bake off.
Its simply just not a case of small nuances, treble extension comparison, bass tightness or anything like that, it's a smack in the face, feck me dead ! It's just better. Anyone who questions it doesn't own NVA.