Macca's HiFi Show

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Macca's HiFi Show

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

We could also have a whip round to raise the money to hire a van to get Lindsay's monsters up there :D

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:How about an AoS room and a Subjectivist room. I am happy to pay for the Subjectivist room.
Yes we can do that although this is not intended to be a forum specific event. In any case it all hangs on the Uni and what they can provide and at what price. This is Stoke where life is cheap and you can still buy a 2 bed house for less than 50K so costs are not going to be anything like what you would pay down South. I'd love to have Lindsay bring his Bozaks down that would certainly be worth anyone's time alone.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Still waiting for the university to come back to me with some prices...will be monday now I guess. Typical public sector crapulence. The good news is they have plenty of suitable rooms so a two room affair should be easy to arrange and will all be within a stones throw of the mainline station. I am on leave monday so if I have to I will go in and bang on the desk ;) stay tuned folks....

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:We could also have a whip round to raise the money to hire a van to get Lindsay's monsters up there :D
Lindsay..... The man with a major hifi portable problem.

Just what part of Sony Walkman scared you late 70's Lindsay... :lol:

And I don't for one min believe him - But my mate say's Bose cubes sound very good in a castle..................... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Can I have a room to myself please.

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Hi All

I can now confirm that we are on for this with the provisional date of Saturday 28th June 2014 0900-1700 hrs

The venue will be a conference suite at Staffordshire University. This is located 5 mins walk from the mainline railway station and 10 mins junctions 15 and 16 M6, 5 mins from the A50/A500 interchange if travelling from Nottingham and the East.

If travelling by car there will be unlimited free parking.

There will be food. drink and a fancy hi-fi themed cake and there will be absolutely no charge whatsover, everything will be laid on free and gratis.

If any trade members would like to exhibit please get in touch with me by PM. You will have to share a portion of the cost but since I have obtained the facilties VERY cheap this will not amount to much more than a drink. If you want a whole room to yourself for the day that can probabaly be done to if you let me know early enough.

I have made an appointment to have an inspection of the facilities next Monday however I pretty much know what to expect and know they will be suitable. The rooms are large and modern with solid floors. There should also be free Wi-fi although this has yet to be confirmed.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions please feel free to ask

Regards

Mart

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Can I have a room to myself please.
Yes I've already taken that into account :lol: There will be a heavily policed DMZ around it too...will send you PM re the cost.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I am assuming it will be open none exhibiting people , ie Me :D

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

Yes it is a bake off not a trade show. All enthusiasts are welcome. if you can't bring any kit then a bring a CD we can play. No rubbish music though ;)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Only got vinyl , but I can bring lots of genesis and bill bragg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: