How much do you weigh?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: How much do you weigh?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Its all the chip buttys and black pudding :mrgreen:

Daniel Quinn

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Eh by gum it may be , that an all the beer . I don't consider myself to be overweight and there is absolutely no way I could weigh 9 stone without looking ill .

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Post by Andrew »

I'm a big a UFC fan so I thought I'd take a look at height and weight of the elite athletes that compete in the different weight classes there, just to see how it compares. I found this list, although it's slightly out of date.

Heavyweight(265 lbs): 6'3"-6'4" (6'3 3⁄16")---[Champion: Junior Dos Santos, 6'4"]
Light Heavyweight(205 lbs): 6'2"-------------[Champion: Jon Jones, 6'4"]
Middleweight(185 lbs): 6'0"-6'1" (6'0 57⁄64")--[Champion: Anderson Silva, 6'2"]
Welterweight(170 lbs): 5'11"-6'0" (5'11 5⁄64")-[Champion: Georges St-Pierre, 5'11"]
Lightweight(155 lbs): 5'9"-5'10" (5'9 17⁄32")---[Champion: Benson Henderson, 5'9"]
Featherweight(145 lbs): 5'8"-5'9" (5'8 11⁄64")-[Champion: Jose Aldo, 5'7"]
Bantamweight(135 lbs): 5'7"------------------[Champion: Dominick Cruz, 5'8"]
Flyweight(125 lbs): 5'4"-----------------------[Champion: ???]

In case you're wondering, the average height of all fighters in the UFC is 5'10 11⁄16"

zebbo
Great Britain

Post by zebbo »

Well, at first glance, my 5' 6" and 11 stone you might think I was a bit podgy but I'm a 32" waist and 39" chest. Guess I'm just solid muscle! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

topalwaysdown

Post by topalwaysdown »

55+,5'8", and a tad under 12stone, looking to loose a few lb so cutting down on the bevvy, and snacks at lunch time , lotsa fruit instead.

southall-1998
Wales

Post by southall-1998 »

Some people love/hate it....do some of you members go to the Gym?

S.
Shane Lonergan.

zebbo
Great Britain

Post by zebbo »

I did go to the gym for a while a few years back. It was extremely effective but just soooooo boring. I might just pop back for a while to knock the ole belly back into shape. :D
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

southall-1998
Wales

Post by southall-1998 »

zebbo wrote:I did go to the gym for a while a few years back. It was extremely effective but just soooooo boring. I might just pop back for a while to knock the ole belly back into shape. :D
Some people just go mainly for a thrill ! I do enjoy a workout when I'm in the mood for it :)

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

southall-1998 wrote:Some people love/hate it....do some of you members go to the Gym?

S.
Personally, I hate Gyms. Firstly I don't like sharing space with people I don't know or want to know. Second, I hate travelling to do exercise when travelling can actually be my exercise. I either walk or use a mountain bike all the time. I can't stand buses or trains and I don't drive, so it's a logical choice.

I also swim, but not in England. I would never use a public swimming bath for all the same reasons that I won't frequent gyms. I can't exactly swim in the sea here without travelling, but I swim every day when I'm abroad.

southall-1998
Wales

Post by southall-1998 »

Andrew wrote:
southall-1998 wrote:Some people love/hate it....do some of you members go to the Gym?

S.
Personally, I hate Gyms. Firstly I don't like sharing space with people I don't know or want to know. Second, I hate travelling to do exercise when travelling can actually be my exercise. I either walk or use a mountain bike all the time. I can't stand buses or trains and I don't drive, so it's a logical choice.

I also swim, but not in England. I would never use a public swimming bath for all the same reasons that I hate gyms. I can't exactly swim in the sea here without travelling, but I swim every day when I'm abroad.
Well, just mind your own business then :) I do understand from where you are coming from, Andrew.

As I said some love/hate the gym, it's a bit like Marmite to a degree.

S.
Shane Lonergan.