Beefs! Get it off your chest

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beefs! Get it off your chest

Unread post by selby »

brit-pop wrote:Here's mine and it's basically the same as I've said on other threads. Every subject posted on here turns into an AoS rant, it's like folk can't help crapping on every thread with it, despite you even having several threads related to the site and its owner.

It adds nothing to the forum, the same handful of people go around reinforcing each others point of view.

Look at the way the NEBO thread got pissed all over because people were more interested in pics they could bully people over than the gear or music which was there. It's a fucking shame, whats more is there's nothing I can do or say to prevent people doing it.

I expect this post will be met with more justificaton from the main protagonists as to why things are the way they are and why they're staying that way. Before that happens at least pause for a moment of critical self reflection please.
I agree. Be nice for the forum to just focus on being a good hifi forum, if it did I think it wouldn't take long to grow in members and produce interesting content purely about hifi and music. If it has to happen be nice to limit it to just the AOS thread.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

CageyH_is_back

Unread post by CageyH_is_back »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Your post is contradictory. It is also ridiculous. You posred to tell us you do not post.

You have an aos intellect for sure.
I am just simply answering the question.
The question itself is ridiculous. You really have to ask why this forum is not flourishing?

An AoS intellect? Care to explain how membership to one forum defines an intellect?

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

CageyH_is_back wrote:
Daniel Quinn wrote:Your post is contradictory. It is also ridiculous. You posred to tell us you do not post.

The question itself is ridiculous. You really have to ask why this forum is not flourishing?

An AoS intellect? Care to explain how membership to one forum defines an intellect?
DQ doesn't want this forum to flourish. DQ prefers the status quo which is him and a couple of others in a never ending circle jerk over AoS.

DQ despises change and goes after anyone he thinks threatens his status here.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I thought AOS bashing was limited to EOTW! We could make that a forum rule then anyone who is upset can avoid it. Thing is most members have had bad experiences while on AOS though for Brit-Pop that has obviously been different. Avoid thread drift when discussing equipment and reserve Marco bashing for AOS thread. DQ is a little set in his ways probably goes back to when him and Jammy were practically the only members. :mrgreen: The forum has come on and is pretty much more active than TAS which is the polite alternative to AOS. The problem is AOS members come here to read EOTW rather than join and partake in the discussion (fear of Marco bullying?).
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I will accept that Brit when you do (say) the same to Marco at AoS. We are reactionary, all of us who do this have been shat on by the man, he hasn't shat on you YET! Look at his performance about me and us at AoS at the moment and post the above on AoS to Marco and see the reaction.

BUT I am sure we will all take in and think about your feelings on the matter.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Classicrock wrote:I thought AOS bashing was limited to EOTW! We could make that a forum rule then anyone who is upset can avoid it. Thing is most members have had bad experiences while on AOS though for Brit-Pop that has obviously been different. Avoid thread drift when discussing equipment and reserve Marco bashing for AOS thread. DQ is a little set in his ways probably goes back to when him and Jammy were practically the only members. :mrgreen: The forum has come on and is pretty much more active than TAS which is the polite alternative to AOS. The problem is AOS members come here to read EOTW rather than join and partake in the discussion (fear of Marco bullying?).
EXACTLY, very good post. We must all try to not let the dissing and piss take drift into the rest of the forum.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

brit-pop wrote:
CageyH_is_back wrote:

DQ doesn't want this forum to flourish. DQ prefers the status quo which is him and a couple of others in a never ending circle jerk over AoS.

DQ despises change and goes after anyone he thinks threatens his status here.
Please try not to make personal referals as that is ad hominem, try to stick to the subject not the poster.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

CageyH_is_back wrote:

ADMIN - We all know you and what you are about we have had loads of experience of it in the past. The above makes no sense, there was no sense in your original post but to try and induce conflict which as always has been your only purpose here. Continue and it will be removed.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

DQ despises change and goes after anyone he thinks threatens his status here. (brit-pop)

Mmmm I find that harsh BP - Dans been a fine member of HFS since it began...... :naughty:

kazam

Unread post by kazam »

Deceit.

I have recently been trying to build bridges. It wasn't the most pleasant few days, but I persevered. Ultimately a fallacy was created and strangely any ability to respond appears to have been withdrawn. Knowledge is power.