Another Allison 6 refurb thread!

A place for DIY project discussions.
Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Another Allison 6 refurb thread!

Unread post by Ithilstone »

Then there is no other explanation why everything sounds so good there except because it IS sooo bloody GOOD... :grin:

BTW Royds behave much better now - though still no match for Cubes ;[[ I will better check what else I can sell on ebay to speed up my order of them...
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Progress has been very slow with this project due to lack of time and lack of money, however I am slowly getting there! I ordered a pair of visaton tweeters yesterday for £63 delivered. I have also ordered the resistors and capacitors and will be ordering the bison kit this weekend. Cabinet work has started and a bit of filling has been done. I will sand them early next week and see if I need to apply any more filler. All going well I will pick up some gloss black plastikote spray next week too. Replacement doc mod drivers will be ordered come pay day at the end of the month.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Tweeters have arrived today and the replacement caps and resistors are with me. The cabs are looking better but could do with one last go over with some wet and dry before prepping to be sprayed. I will soon order some doc mod bass drivers but may tinker with the ones I have first.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Unfortunately I lost loads of photos from when I first got the speakers as they were on an old phone. More photos will follow as I pull my finger out and get some work done on them.

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Ta for the update Jimbob...........Im enjoying it. :clap: :guiness;