Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, asshol

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by CN211276 »

I thought everyone would be aware of the ethnic mix of the Specials. They are not an obscure band. I think the phrase was used with derogetery intent.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Engypoos
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bozos, cocksuckers, homoze, poofs, niggahs, apes, audiofools, mong, dogshit, fuck off, eat my shit, for cocksake, as

Unread post by Engypoos »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:59 pm Blind chile its like arguing with a child.

Not mine hes developed his dads love of language.
I hope he improves on your delinquency in the apostrophe department. 😋

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Classicrock wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:51 pm I think some of this language could verge on the illegal. Maybe with proposed new internet laws this could be the case. Surely some of the statements I read are ad hom. Not directed at an individual but a group of people. Some recent threads and posts show a disrespect for the dead which sits uneasy with me. If we are taking the piss of Marco and AOS perhaps this sort of posting could be reigned in a bit. Odd swear word is OK I guess but continually winding people up by calling them cocksuckers etc etc is going a bit far. There is a limit to this 'humour', if this is how it is intended, where it just becomes tedious or even offensive.
For the 10000000th time HFS ad hom rule only applies to members of this forum who are in discussion with each other.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

joe wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:03 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:39 pm We have broken no laws, or do you say different.
I would say some at least of those terms could be deemed 'hate speech' if someone made a complaint. They are on a public forum after all.
ONLY if the context is hate, apart from that they are just words.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Chunk McDaniel wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:08 pm I am a big boy and coming from Glasgow colourful language is mostly the norm to me. What is not acceptable to me is racism or derogatory terms to describe someones sexual prefrence or indeed people with Down's syndrome. To me this has no place in a HiFi or music forum. With regard to the recent Tom Petty comments well that says it all really. A juvenile desperate attempt to shock at the expense of the dead.
And where has this happened in the context of the posts, quite simply it hasn't happened, so they are just words.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

joe wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:19 pm Here's an example of a 'hate speech' case that was successfully prosecuted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_spee ... ed_Kingdom

'In 2017, 19-year old Croxteth resident Chelsea Russell quoted a line from Snap Dogg's song "I'm Trippin'" on her Instagram page. The line, which read "Kill a snitch nigga, rob a rich nigga", was copied from a friend's page as part of a tribute to Frankie Murphy who was killed in a car accident at age 13.[37][38] Hate crime investigators were alerted to the presence of the slur and charged Russell with "sending a grossly offensive message by means of a public electronic communications network". Defence lawyer Carole Clarke stated that she received a request from one of the arresting officers that the word "nigga", the subject of the trial, not be used in court.[39] In April 2018, District Judge Jack McGarva found Russell guilty and delivered a sentence which included a £585 fine, a curfew and an ankle monitoring bracelet.[40]'
BECAUSE THE CONTEXT MADE IT A HATE CRIME NOT THE WORDS

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am disgusted with the lot of you, with the :Bllocks: that has been created in this thread, the twisting of facts, especially by welder, the shear hypocrisy of loving bands who use far worse language than this, and in a context as such.

I am admin here and I will continue to admin BY OUR RULES, there are lots of posts written here that some members don't like including written by me, but they will not be censored by me as long as I am admin. Not one of those posts or those words referred to has broken our rules so what do expect from me, not one context those words were used in was racist otherwise I would have removed them - a word is a word it is YOU who makes it racist in your head, unless there is a clear context of it being used that way, so report yourself to the authorities !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody 1984 thought police the lot of you.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BUT it seems your witch hunt has worked and you have driven him away, you want shame look to yourselves.

Nigel
Wales

Unread post by Nigel »

I used to enjoy reading a lot of his posts. Quite an individual character. As savvy said though, he could have agreed to tone the language down. Compromise is quite easy in this case. It appears the majority of major forum contributors were offended by a certain number of his posts. It is 2019 after all. The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

Words do incite both a conscious and sub-conscious reaction - even if not meant in a particular context.

Personally I would like to see a tweak on the language tbh - it would perhaps be even more creative if the Blind River Chile dude ditched some of the more provocative stuff and still retained his distinctive style
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s