Beefs! Get it off your chest

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Beefs! Get it off your chest

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

That is the whole point , it is rank hypocrisy. At no time have either of them ever interfered in the politics of aos or inter fora dispute .

they then come over hear and accuse me of being counter productive to the success of h/s and wage a campaign . It surely cant be because I upset then over a photo .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

selby wrote:I've said it before on here and even got banned from AOS for saying it but I don't get why there is so much unrest, bullying and aggressive behaviour on Hi-Fi forums. For something that is meant to be a pleasurable hobby (Hi-Fi and Music) I don't understand the sheer level of hatred.

I completely understand the Marco vs Doc situation based on the disgusting threats once made. I also understand that AOS is run by this man and he seems to control everything that happens on it (but then aren't most forums), which includes banning anyone who disagrees with him (again aren't most forums). However I still don't understand why it matters and why we should care. If you don't like something, then stop doing it, in this case stop reading, reviewing and commenting on something you all dislike so much. There is nearly 1200 pages of commenting on how we all dislike AOS, I'd much prefer it if there was 1200 pages of knowledge and experience sharing to do with hi-fi and music.

It would almost be better to run two forums, one for purely hi-fi and music and then another called 'wehatetheartofsound.com' where it's dedicated purely to anti AOS/Marco chat. I guess some would say this is what HFS is for, but it always seems a shame to me.

I'm a member of loads of other forums from cars, cooking, computers, IT and design and I've never seen bad behaviour like this. It's childish and I wish one side of the party would take the higher ground and give up fighting and just enjoy our hobby.
Sorry Selby, nice sentiments but it is bollocks. EOTW is ONE room in the forum, it is a room with a purpose, it is even posted on the door. If you don't like it, don't go there and just play on the rest of the forum.

http://hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45189

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Daniel Quinn wrote:That is the whole point , it is rank hypocrisy. At no time have either of them ever interfered in the politics of aos or inter fora dispute .

they then come over hear and accuse me of being counter productive to the success of h/s and wage a campaign . It surely cant be because I upset then over a photo .
They are VERY sensitive about NEBO, that is what is behind it.

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

It doesn't massively bother me as I don't get involved or read it, I just feel the entire thing is a shame not just on this forum but all Hi-Fi forums.

But if it makes a big chunk of the HFS members happy then that's also ok, I just don't get it.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Yes it is a shame, but human nature creates these things. We could just roll over like lots have and just let the sub human get away with it. Not my personality I am afraid. The solution is entirely in his hands, but he is so deluded he doesn't or doesn't want to see it. I am just sorry that people cannot have the courage to face him on his own ground, many here have which is why they are banned, but lots more need to.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Eotw is not solely about the doc vs the msn who deosnt change nappies.

It has made hifi a better hobby.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Most importantly it has given people a voice who have had it taken away. The reason there is more about Marco than anyone else is he gives us more to respond to, it is that simple.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

To my knowledge EWOTW is unique in hifi fora land, Not only is it a tool to rip the piss right out of the Monkeys elsewhere who deserve it,
(Which is tremendous fun - I urge all to give it a go) but it is as Dan says a very effective tool to stop the misinformation and bullshit that abounds out there.
It gives all a voice, a place for the banished to vent their frustrations.

IT'S ACE...... :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That is why mad dictators like Marco hate it.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:That is why mad dictators like Marco hate it.
Indeed it is Doc, Quite simply because the Bullshit Brigade and Willy Waveing Wankers ......
Get it right up the bastards.........jpg
Get it right up the bastards.........jpg (33.56 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
:mrgreen: :guiness;