Some SERIOUS advice please!

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Some SERIOUS advice please!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The archive is all the old posts, just enter something in the search box.

hughandella
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Some SERIOUS advice please!

Unread post by hughandella »

as someone new to NVA in reply to original question --- I would heartily recommend buying the £300 (!!!!) P2/A2 package ..... if this doenst convince you that there is something going on here then I'd be amazed ..... I must admit several years ago I bought into the whole NAIM & LINN story (because that was what really all the dealers were peddling in these parts) and now I find it pretty hard to listen to NAIM at all it is so upfront --- they can sound ok in a shop because they seem designed to 'impress' on first hearing but they really tire me out - the opposite of musical for me ---- and if you buy into Naim and then go and say you feel it 'lacks ' sometg they suggest another bloody expensive power supply or similar ---- i think it's taking the pi$$ royally ....... but there are loads of people who love the stuff or havent heard anything else perhaps .... so I would buy the P2/A2 and see if you can pick up a pair of Snell Js or Ks or any decent sensitive speaker ( or even better buy my MAD 1920 speakers !) and for less than £1k i think you will be astonished ........ I am going to upgrade to the P50sa (for a net £200) and have ordered some Ls5 speaker cable and am confident it will be an improvement but it is still unlikely to amaze as much as playing the v basic system did first off ...... and if you are anywhere near coggeshall feel free to pop in !
cheers
chris