Hello!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
guydarryl

Re: Hello!

Unread post by guydarryl »

beyourself wrote:I am merely sharing my experience from my long audio journey that is all. I'm a music lover and have no technical knowledge whatsoever
nor do i have any interest in technology beyond having just enough knowledge to make an informed purchasing decision.

Sharing one's experience does not seem to be appreciated on this forum.

My audio journey started 37 years ago and i thought it would be interesting to share what i have experienced and learned along the way, with
fellow music lovers.

I seem to have made a mistake!
I do hope that you stay - I like the idea of someone who keeps things simple and listens to mono on the forum.

Many years ago (my first house). I was using Quad valve power amps and one stopped working. So I rigged up a bedroom system using a cassette deck (Aurex pcx60 ad), Quantum pre, single Quad II, and an old single driver Philips speaker (I had been given as a birthday present in my early teens when cassette first appeared).

Recipe for high distortion, limited range etc, BUT absolutely loved the experience (other factors may have been involved :grin: , very happy/exciting period of my life ).

All the best. Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Guy , the mans is clearly an imposter who would be agent provocateur , if he knew what one was ;)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Guy , the mans is clearly an imposter who would be agent provocateur , if he knew what one was ;)
+1 :epop:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 + LS6+ Sabaj A10a (2) + Little Bear MC2
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 (phono)Aiyima A07 MAX (2) + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

beyourself
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by beyourself »

Hello chaps
In my very brief time on this forum i've been quite taken aback by the level of aggression and closed mindedness that i've
encountered.

This is a rather too hostile enviroment for me. Not the friendly place i was expecting.

So i wish you all well.... and keep enjoying your music.

Daniel Quinn

By Marco .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Once again you have made a wrong absolutist statement "the level of aggression and closed mindedness that i've
encountered."

Level of aggression was mild considering you were trying to bullshit us, as I said we don't take kindly to it, so your hand was slapped. That slapping had nothing to do with closed mindedness it was to do with your words, not the concepts behind them. You need to see the difference if you can. What you don't seem to realise is you have come to a forum with more knowledge and experience than the others. The most important thing in audio is an open mind, and you don't arrive at a forum and tell us what is best and best way of doing (which is what you did). You have people here who know your knowledge is partial and not developed just by your words, so you were told so. Accept that and be here to learn as well as teach. We do not need anymore pretend hi-fi Gurus on the forums thank you!

Daniel Quinn

Just tell him to piss off , I am becoming increasingly less tolerant of idiots and my threshold was low to start with .

his last post is sufficient for the idiot police to ban him .

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Guy , the mans is clearly an imposter who would be agent provocateur , if he knew what one was ;)
He may well be but I would rather give him enough rope if that is the case. Going in to attack mode straight off is not the right approach in my experience (30 years dealing with teenagers :lol: ).
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Daniel Quinn

my last post proved your point, you are clearly are far nicer and more tolerant than I am :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

DQ you are going to become the grumpy old man to end all grumpy old men :lol: :lol: