Records are back - it is official.

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Records are back - it is official.

Unread post by jammy395 »

All the best lads - Food for thought.

But Fuk don't get Dave started...He does like a good MM.

:o :clap:

jammy395

Food for thought.............
Bliss..png
Bliss..png (53.65 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Shit.png
Shit.png (50.17 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Bliss will piss all over Shit.............Strange eh..!!

Go Figure. :guiness;

jammy395

And before you Start..............

Ive owned a lot of Goldies & Klotsos.....

jammy395

Tipped on a Virgins Tit's....My arse.

Or

Slung on a Creel pullers Bollocks.....luverly.

FRUKIN WANKER'S. :angry-screaming:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Jammy stick that moving magnet up your sporon Steve what you need is a moving coil with a fine line diamond on a boron cantilever.

Moving magnets do not abbreviate to mm's for nothing. Track like a sugar coated piece of chocolate.

P's. Wallace I am the train after 4 pints. :lol:

Oops I missed an on. I am not a train.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :lol: :mrgreen: I prefered .:I am the train,,more of a statement,i thought.
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The nice thing about carts is you can go for the good'un but even some of the older weirder ones are very addictive. A Shure M3D on old Chess or Tamla type stuff is dreamy.

By far the best high output MM (well in reality moving iron) cart is a Decca, but if you are not a serious TT man then stay away as they are a PITA and you will break it. Low output MC on a budget then Denon DL103. High output MC (just use the same as MM) then DL110. Money no object then Ortofon SPU. All IMO.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

The 1042 is nice. Years ago I used one in a Linn Axis and it magically transformed the sound for the better. If you want rock solid tracking from a better sounding MC I would recommend AT. The AT33 series has none of the brightness associated with some of their other designs. I have never had serious issues with IGD but that's probably from steering clear of Linn cartridges and their like. Fortunately I always walked away from those salesmen who swore by Naim Nait and Kans. Horrible sounding. Can't understand why people were taken in by the Flat Earth bullshit and not use their ears. The linn TTs were passable but Lp12 overpriced even 30 years ago. I actually thought the Linn Axis sounded fundamentally better - but that may be why they discontinued it and shortly after upped the price of an Akito to more than it cost incl the deck.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

jammy395 wrote:Food for thought.............
Bliss..png
Shit.png
Bliss will piss all over Shit.............Strange eh..!!

Go Figure. :guiness;
[edit]
Last edited by _D_S_J_R_ on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Macca

Unread post by Macca »

SteveTheShadow wrote:Flat Earth hi fi so coloured my attitude to the black stuff, I simply can't bear to listen to it.
I'm on tenterhooks waiting for sandpaper cymbals or mistracking on vocals, whenever I hear a record being played.
Can never relax with it.
I really do wish it was not like that, but vinyl just makes me anxious.
I listen to music to relax and enjoy it, which is why I use a file based system that allows me to do just that.

What I would really love to hear is a good turntable/arm/cartridge combination for £500 that tracks perfectly ALL my records at ALL times, does not suffer end-of-side distortion, EVER. If I hear the slightest trace of either of these distortions, I just have to turn it off. I really cant stand it.

:
I pretty much gave up on vinyl for the above reasons. Getting a Technics sl1200 and an RCM changed that. You can't quite do it for £500 though. £250 for the deck and you will need a sumiko headshell or similar £30 and a cork/butyl mat £20 then stick on a cartridge with a fine line stylus - MM or MC whatever you prefer - I prefer MM personally - well technically MI since I use a Nagaoka. No tracking issues, no EOSD and timing like a CD player. Don't listen to anyone who says you have to spend hundreds on mods for an SL1200 to make it sound competent, all you need to do are those simple tweaks.