NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote:As a parting shot, I do hope the amp is working when you receive it. Do please consider a passive pre such as the P20 at least, to get the full potential out of it if you don't have one, as both this and the speaker cable work so well with other power amps in my daily experience ;)
FFS Dave do you want this saga to carry on and on and on. He should not get involved with that amp in any way, it is toxic. Cancel payment, contact the sellers and give them a piece of his mind for not telling him. AND what makes you think I will supply anything to go with that amp be it cable pre-amp or anything!!!

As I say this has no comeback on alcarmichael, he just saw what seemed an astonishing bargain. BUT as with all scammers, if it looks too good to be true then it is too good to be true.
Apologies. I shall step aside (foot in gob again) - Alan are you reading this?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Come on who made this amp . you know who you are ;)

It should be noted that getting the truth out about this amp as reduced its value from 3.5k to 100 quid in just over a year.

That is the power of rational argument and the truth.

Of course I could be being pompous it could simply be fucked.

antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Alcarmichael, I hope you demand your money back from those scammers. This amp was not for resale, and as Ninanina said the owner was not desperate for £75 so why did he sell it. Surely a better solution would have been to give away or even ask for a £10 charitable donation. Good luck.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

antonio66 wrote:Welcome Alcarmichael, I hope you demand your money back from those scammers. This amp was not for resale, and as Ninanina said the owner was not desperate for £75 so why did he sell it. Surely a better solution would have been to give away or even ask for a £10 charitable donation. Good luck.
If the owner was not desperate for the money, and he/she is unable to use the amp, why not offer to return it to NVA? Surely any normal person would, if they found out the provenance was dodgy, want to return it to a legitimate owner, wouldn't they?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Not if it is me.

We have had Bev / ninanina sagas here by the handbag full. Which begs the question, seeing as she sold all her nva in a strop, why this was bought from Sov. AND more to the point why did Sov buy it from Biscuit Head.

MarkWoody

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I will buy it for £75, but I can't, if any HFS / AoS member who can wants to I will reimburse him for all costs and expenses to get it back to me. I can always use it on my test rig which is what I should have done in the first place.
Why not do what you suggested here?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have offered that privately to alcarmichael. He will decide after recovering from 17 hours travelling back from holiday.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Geoff.R.G wrote:
antonio66 wrote:Welcome Alcarmichael, I hope you demand your money back from those scammers. This amp was not for resale, and as Ninanina said the owner was not desperate for £75 so why did he sell it. Surely a better solution would have been to give away or even ask for a £10 charitable donation. Good luck.
If the owner was not desperate for the money, and he/she is unable to use the amp, why not offer to return it to NVA? Surely any normal person would, if they found out the provenance was dodgy, want to return it to a legitimate owner, wouldn't they?
I don't think the Doc was the legitimate owner, he sold it cheaply, asking for it not to be sold on. Correct me if I'm wrong Doc. I guess it would have been a nice gesture to offer it back to the Doc in the first place.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Correct, but for me it is a matter of principle, if the verbal contract is broken then ownership reverts.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It was sold for a significantly reduced price on the condition It think would not be resold .

Ownership is irrelevant. as I stated previously that is a legally enforceable condition and is also subject to the doctrine of promissory estoppel.