Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Philippe_Felop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by Philippe_Felop »

Bonjour.

It Philippe de Paris.
I have join to talk HiFi and better my English.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Philippe, not sure you will improve your English on this forum :lol: but you might learn something about hifi. What system are you using at present? and you can also go into Your last Listen thread to let us all know your musical tastes.

colhd123

Unread post by colhd123 »

Hi,

I have just taken the plunge with NVA and am now waiting for some used A80 Mk1 amps along with new I/Cs and speaker cables to arrive from Doc.

My hifi history is long and full of some very good and very bad purchases. For a long time I was in the Royal Navy and being at sea meant headphones were a big part of my life. When your cabin is 7ft x 6ft and has a bed, sink, desk and all your storage there really isn't much space for speakers! I did spend time on land as well and during those periods I did indulge my speaker addiction. At one point I was a paid up member of the "If my hifi equipment doesn't weigh as much as I do it must be cheap rubbish" club. Yes, I was young, naive and had far too much disposable income. Having retired from the military, re-trained as a nurse and now working in operating theatres I actually have a permanent home with speakers. Of course I now also have a a wife who has very strong opinions on speakers; as in "speakers should be heard and not seen" and "there's no bloody way they will ever cross my threshold" and "you have got to be ******* joking!". It gets worse, sometimes she doesn't even say anything, just gives me the look. I could go on but I'm sure you're getting the gist of it. So headphones will continue to be a big part of my life.

Home is East Kilbride, near Glasgow, which means I probably won't ever be fortunate enough to pick up an NVA product in person but you never know.

And I love my wife to bits!

Cheers,

Col

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Welcome Col, nice to meet you :grin:

Hope you enjoy your NVA journey. Superb quality sound at an affordable price (no slurpers in the chain).

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Col, hoping you enjoy your 'new' A80's.

colhd123

Unread post by colhd123 »

antonio66 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:20 pm Welcome Col, hoping you enjoy your 'new' A80's.
Thanks guys.

A80s not here yet, waiting for cables as well :grin:

Sq225917

Unread post by Sq225917 »

Hi all, I've been a lurker forever, literally. Was pushed to join by the recent censure of NVA on multiple forums. I'm not what you'd you call a fan, but I do believe in fair play.

I'm aware that I'm a figure of dislike, even hate with some of you. Even worse I'm mates with some of the people you really hate, well one of them anyway.

I build bits and bobs, mostly turntable stuff, I probably enjoy a good project more than listening to it.

I'm anti cable, pro power supply, not a believer in esoteric tweaks and like anything but reggae.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You are a member so everything starts at zero if there is a new start.

Sq225917

Unread post by Sq225917 »

I don't know about new start. I stand by anything i've written previously, anywhere. But obviously I'm here to contribute, not ruffle. In the spirit of the forum. That's why I use the same user name, I'm not here to pretend I'm anything I'm not and if anyone has issues with their opinion of me, I don't mind.

Thanks for the membership.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

In that case I don't want you here, you have insulted me and NVA as much as if not more than Marco. I offer you a fresh start with no comment on the past, you stand by your past so so do I - gone!