Unread post by jamesyao »

Here is link, so is not that expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOUNDCARE-PLU ... 564a7b68b0

James

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Soundcare spikes feet

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Couple or decouple that is the conundrum. Rule of thumb - Happy with system sound then couple, it makes it better. Unhappy with system then decouples as it tames things. Couple is hard things like spikes, decouple is soft things like springs and Sorbothane etc.

Sovereign
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sovereign »

Hi James,
I know nothing of this particular product, but for me it is to couple all the way.
A very recent example of this is I had recently bought some ES22 speakers, as I was playing around with positioning I left the speaker spikes off so I could slide the speakers around with ease, because they are fairly small and light they would wobbly quite a bit when poked.
I put their spiked feet on a few days ago as I was now happy with the position and the difference was there to hear - timing was faster, more of a solid sound, instruments were in their own space and more tonally accurate.
I placed Oak coned feet under my four NVA amps to similar effect, good luck.

jamesyao
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jamesyao »

I bought 1 set (3 pcs) of them, they are good perform when I placed to bottom of cd player, it is worth to try because it is not expensive.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, there is no logic involved in it. It is obvious with TT's, and we are back into the old couple / decouple argument.

It is not worth getting wound up about it, if you have time and want to do it then it is not very expensive, and quite simply if it sounds better it is better.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I endorse what the doc says .

but temperature and vibration differences are explanations i have seen hitherto offered , but I suspect an explanation will never been known. There are research grants available for cancer cures and sticking a rover on mars , but not i suspect for the science of decoupling solid state electronics :D , but you never know .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It is not a question of belief it is a question of reality, try it, if it works it works if it doesn't it doesn't. Theory and trying to quantify things in Hi-Fi are a waste of mind space, leave that to the idiot objectivists. If by spreading marmalade on my PCBs they sounded better I would do it, I don't care about theory, but in this case I wouldn't try it as it would attract wasps in summer :shock:

I have spent nearly 40 years trying things, most didn't work, but some then worked when my "state of the art" had moved on - so the rule is "always keep an open mind".

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Daniel Quinn wrote:I endorse what the doc says .

but temperature and vibration differences are explanations i have seen hitherto offered , but I suspect an explanation will never been known. There are research grants available for cancer cures and sticking a rover on mars , but not i suspect for the science of decoupling solid state electronics :D , but you never know .
Hard pointy things couple, soft blunt things decouple.

EDIT - think sex :shifty:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Thanks Doc , such pedantry will be a warning to me in future :lol: I am of course aware of the terms I was just being lazy, I should of put the science of coupling/decoupling .