Rega RS1

All things NVA
Ninanina
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rega RS1

Unread post by Ninanina »

Hi all
Has anyone tried Rega RS1's with any NVA amp?

I don't have room for any floorstander's. Apparently all Rega's have simple crossovers which suits NVA, has that always been true of Rega's ?

Thanks again :handgestures-salute:

dazmb

Re: Rega RS1

Unread post by dazmb »

How may I help ... I do indeed have Rega RS1's hooked up to an AP20. What would you like to know?
NVA - AP20 / LS5 / SSP / Rega RS1 / Arcam DV139 / Atacama Nexus

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

No sorry.
Have heard RS3s (floorstanders)....They were bloody good.
jammy
:whistle:

Ninanina

Unread post by Ninanina »

Hi Daz
I know it is very subjective but how do you find the sound of the RS1 with the NVA? I have an AP30 which I guess is much the same as the AP20 sound wise

dazmb

Unread post by dazmb »

Ninanina wrote:Hi Daz
I know it is very subjective but how do you find the sound of the RS1 with the NVA? I have an AP30 which I guess is much the same as the AP20 sound wise
Subjectively I would say they are a fabulous perfect match Nina :dance: Effortlessly musical, high speaker sensitivity means even AP20 drives them fine and will be sympathetic to any source and can be placed right next to a wall if space is an issue (as it is in my wigwam..). To my ears with the Arcam source I hear a very detailed but musical presentation that has a nice balance between being warm without being fuzzy and lean without being stringent - sonics that make you want to listen to music for hours on end. You should improve on all that with an AP30 too.

I have no desire or intention to 'upgrade' to anything else. That's the first time ever I have felt 100% happy with a speaker.

They have been noted as having a slightly loose & light bass presence and I would say that's fair - it's not a laser tight bass line but nor is it flabby and drifting if you'll excuse my poor hi-fi talk. But there is nothing about the RS1's that annoy or fatigue. I am hoping the soon to be in my possesion LS5's improve the bass a tad btw. Build quality is great too and they are 100% made here in the good old UK. Another bonus if like me you resent the Chinese taking over the world. I doubt you will be anything but delighted with them if you get a pair.
NVA - AP20 / LS5 / SSP / Rega RS1 / Arcam DV139 / Atacama Nexus

Tim Jones

Unread post by Tim Jones »

IME there is a lot of synergy between Rega speakers and NVA amps. Pretty sensitive, nice simple crossovers,etc. My RS3s were jaw droppingly good with an AP50. Now they have A80s... :shock:
Rega P9/RB1000/DV Te Kaitora Rua; Clearaudio Balance; Rega Saturn; NVA P50SA; NVA A80s; Rega RS3s.

familyguy

Unread post by familyguy »

I bought a pair of these a couple of weeks ago and they sound excellent with my AP20 / LS6 set up . May be a bargain for someone.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REGA-EL8-Floo ... 35bf78bc4a