Damaging, Libelous or just plain stupid?

All things NVA
selby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Damaging, Libelous or just plain stupid?

Unread post by selby »

Just seen this on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVA-Headphone ... 19d5229333

Does this guy know what he's doing, should he even be doing this?

I also saw a post on DIY Audio http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-st ... p-amp.html some of the statements sound rather damaging to me and also got a feeling the "mods" the guy has made would have ruined the circuit design and therefore the sound anyway? Not sure if there is anything that can be done anyway, but thought I saw a solicitor make a post...
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Damaging, Libelous or just plain stupid?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I went through a whole saga on an Italian forum about all this about a year ago. Basically you have to just let idiots be idiots, if they think they can make it better without blowing it up then good for them, if they blow it up it is their problem, they get no help from me. The whole safety and construction nonsense is because they think they are experts, but they aren't, it is the old saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

As I keep saying but the idiots don't seem to understand, NVA is built to class2 double insulated regs, not class1 regs. I would explain but I can't be bothered, it is in the archive somewhere.

It is all lack of intelligence and understanding. BUT if anyone thinks anything is better than NVA then it is - for them.