CUBE 1

All things NVA
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CUBE 1

Unread post by jammy395 »

Seem's like there's quite a few man hours go into a set of Cube 1's......?

Probably double for Cubix.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

The Cubix has an extra bass drive in the bottom half behind the one on top (ooo look, Isobariks) and an extra tweeter firing sideways. So yes, probably double.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The time is mostly doing something else while waiting for the last thing you did to dry. It is very wet process, not one screw in the cabinet everything is held in place and fixed by glue. Driver damping is obviously also a wet process that needs to dry. So it takes about 4 or 5 days of different steps then waiting etc. Double that for Cubix.

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

The only other speakers I've seen that use acrylic cabs are those Kharma speakers. They are mega expensive though. I look at speakers costing two grand now and they don't have anything about them that justifies the cost.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If I had those cabinets made from the usual MDF they would cost a quarter of the acrylic price.

howardc1951

Unread post by howardc1951 »

"If I had those cabinets made from the usual MDF they would cost a quarter of the acrylic price."

And provided you made sure they measured the same you could sell them on PFM and make loads of money!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I make enough, I am not part of the slurp. I have a fixed mark up. Though the cab prices are going up from my supplier so there will be a price increase for next batch.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Have they got better or are they finished running in - have you heard from the guy with the Cube2 ?

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Things have been really hectic, (and not a little shitty), lately and then we were away in Swindon for a couple of days too, so haven't had much listening time at all . I doubt they are fully run in yet but they are definitely getting deeper and fuller sounding all the time. One of my favourite albums is Dave Brubeck Live at Carnegie Hall, 1963, it's always sounded atmospheric but through the Cubes it gains clarity and space, very nice indeed! Funnily enough, as I like it so much, I recently bought the new audiophile pressing which is lavishly produced and if it was the only version you'd heard you'd think it was lovely but the original trounces it.
I need to give Stuart a call, he's been trying to get hold of me but I've just not had a chance to call back.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Stuart, I never saved your number and it's now fallen off the bottom of the number list on my phone. Would you like first dibs on the oak stands at what I paid less £20 + post = £117?
If not does anyone else on here want them at that deal?
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: