CUBE 1

All things NVA
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: CUBE 1

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

jammy395 wrote: Hats off to you anyway for kind of flying in the face of norm enclosed speakers - Minimum/No cross overs - no internal wadding/Damping - Omni directional - acrylic.
Etc etc etc....You must have tore yer hair out in the design process....... :clap: :lol:
So that is where my hair went must have forgotten doing it. Design is never a problem for me stopping coming up with new things is. I design in bed or in the bath in my head, I rarely put thing down on paper. My PCB guys and my case guys get very frustrated with me as they have to draw things out from what I tell them. I thought this was normal but it seems others can't do this. I just draw things in my head or come up with ideas and the image stays.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well you are blessed with a rare talent indeed.........I envisage something - try to build it - and it turns out rat shit......... :think: :twisted:

Havent you thought of approaching Harbeth, Rogers or Spendor ? You would get a start easy. :laughing-rolling:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well Jammy I can't put up a shelf, it falls down, I can't repair a car engine, bits are left over and it never works again.

Same with computers they just make no sense to me, electrically I could build one as it is just building blocks, but as soon as softwear comes in or set up or debug I should just throw it out of the window as I will do that anyway after days of frustration. So I suppose a I have a strange brain :D :lol: :mrgreen:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Speaker cabs - Zebbo as you see there are four holes for speaker terminals so you can bi-wire / bi-amp. Do you want it single wired or bi-wired.

Oh, this is exciting! :D
Well ultimately I would like to bi-amp but at the moment I only have single wire so would need to use links which isn't easy with bananas! I suppose I'll have to have them single wired for now and alter the wiring if/when I go for bi-amp.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

You will have to bring them back for that and wait while I do it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

That would be ok. The best of it is that my LS6 were originally bi-wire and I altered them back to single! Can't be arsed to re-do them though.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Andrew
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Andrew »

I guess you could always make some jumpers with stacking banana plugs at one end. Then you simply plug your existing cable into the stacker. I've done this before. My Spicas are used that way if I'm not bi-amping.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ah, but you see, me being me, if they didn't sound right I would be paranoid that it could be the links that were the problem and I'd have to start borrowing bi-wire cables and stuff. No, it's better that I start off with no ambiguity. 8-)

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

I've made jumpers with mains cable and they were OK. I think I have some 1 1/2 metre biwire LS5 I could lend.n Then you'll here the jump to LS6!
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ah, now there's a plan!
However, I plan to play the Cubes off against my Logans which are only single wire so I would have to use the LS6 for them and the LS5 for the Cubes introducing another variable into the equation. So, thanks for the very kind offer mate but I think I'll just go with the single wire option for the time being as it would probably be quite a while before I did the bi-amp thing anyway. Cheers.