Heresy Review

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Heresy Review

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Just read this little review of the Klipsch Heresy III speakers. The chap has mixed opinions on them but not a great a review though !!

What do you chaps think?

http://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-119

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Heresy Review

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I won't even bother reading it. Why do you think there is any honesty in commercial reviewing, why should I bother with the opinion of someone who is indirectly paid to do it by advertising. Publish some user comments and I will read them.

southall-1998
Wales

Understood, Doc.

Below the review are some comments from users saying the chap should have gave the Heresy's another chance!!

Like the fans said, the Klipsch Heresy tells you what is being fed into them!!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

selby
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by selby »

I use to always go by reviews, in my early 20s if something had 5 stars in What HiFi then I thought it must be great. How times change! I don't trust them at all anymore but often read the magazine while killing time in the supermarket. It's amazing how certain brands always seem to get 5 stars!

However it is a shame when you find a product you like the look of (http://guruaudio.com/category/the-junior/) then WhatHiFi go and give it 5 stars and it puts me off...crazy as they might well be good. I'm going to take a listen at some point as I've learnt it's only YOUR ears that really review something.
My Kit – I moved to home theatre setup sorry...Denon SR7011, Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE Fronts, SpeakerCraft Profile AIM LCR3 One Rears, BK Electronics XLS200-DF MK2 Sub, Epson Projection.

But I would love a cheeky little AP10, AP20 sort of amp for a bedroom setup...

My Business
Oracle Storage / Mezzanine Floors

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have met them all back in the day, and I wouldn't give time of day for any of them, but at the time *I had* to fawn to them and wank their egos. Some of them are really sad human beings you wouldn't normally give credence to for anything. The only ones I liked on a personal level were to a degree Malcolm Steward as he was a grumpy cantankerous git, and I like that :mrgreen: and he had a wife of the most friendly and nice personality you could ever meet, and a Siamese cat who used to sit on my shoulder purring :D The one I stayed friends with was Paul Messenger but I think he has got a lot of stick in the industry for being friendly with me, haven't seen him for a couple of years.

Even Paul who is inherently honest was forced to review selectively just to get the work, and as he said in the '90's if he didn't use Linn and Naim and review with them as his reference he wouldn't get any work - what a sad state for the industry to get itself into.

southall-1998
Wales

Interesting!

Right. I'm off to enjoy more Trinidad!

Laters ladies!!!

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bring me back a shark n bake. Or a bowl of pig foot souse.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The concept of hifi journalism is irrevocably flawed and is of little or no use and this is why it is easily hijacked for nefarious motives .

The idea that one person reviewing a product in his room , with his partnering equipment ,his ancillaries and his prejudices and preferences can have any meaningful or off general applicability to say is absurd . Especially given the barriers to that person actually offering a real opinion . Much better to have real people telling you about their experiences , so you can make of it what you will .

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Before the internet we had no choice.

Which is why it is so sick and irritating that we have the likes of Hi-Fi Pig and Jerry trying to do the same to us on line - everyone should tell them to ferk off :x

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Yep , though I do recall one magazine used to have a section on readers systems , which I always used to like .