Speaker Question

All general audio posts go here.
floydfan

Speaker Question

Unread post by floydfan »

Anybody know Ruark Templars? I have been looking at them on ebay but they are a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay. I am looking for a good speaker that has a very strong bass but still gives an accurate musical picture. So anyone have any experience of these speakers?

Cheers

Andrew
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Speaker Question

Unread post by Andrew »

Sorry, I'm afraid I've never heard a pair. They were supposed to be a cut down version of the Talisman, which I have had, along with the Swordsman and the Sabre. Even though they were a cheapish model at the time, they won't necessarily be inferior to the talismans. Often, a smaller cabinet can work better.

All Ruarks I've had were Reasonably good. Quite musical but not as clear or as enjoyable as Royds. Lots of people like Exposure with Ruark, so I'd expect the Templars to do well with NVA too.

Templars rarely come up for sale, so I would expect them to hold their value well if you decided to sell them on. All. Ruarks I've had or come across have been very nicely put together. I'd be interested to hear what you make of them if you find a pair.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

Mordaunt Short Pageant Series II.

s.
Shane Lonergan.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ruarks are solidly made, good, but not exceptional musically like the Royds.