An Obvious Gap in the Market.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
terrybooth
Great Britain

An Obvious Gap in the Market.

Unread post by terrybooth »

Guys! The Muse has fired a bolt which, narrowly missing the busts of Shakespeare and Marcus Aurelius, lodged in my prefrontal cortex as I was tidying this morning. It's an absolutely obvious gap in the market.

Now that all the big players - B&O, Linn, Naim - are bringing out wireless streaming devices, I was considering the potential problems of wi-fi reception. Then Thalia (or was is Melpomene?) whispered in my portal of perception, ‘How can we make this hi-fi?’ And, as I stared vacantly into space, I realised the answer was peering back at me: that collection of subatomic particles (or waves depending on your theoretical standpoint - I wouldn't want to cause any controversy here) which, when suitably agitated, causes information to progress from the transmitter to receiver. “God bless you, Marconi,” I thought as I realised that the obviously required product was something to ensure the correct ionisation – both in volume and type - of the atmosphere between the transmitter and receiver in order to optimise the sound quality of the system.

What a gift! And the words too: an advertiser’s delight. We can ask people if their wifi is hi-fi enough? Or advise people on how to make their wifi more hi-fi. Give me a few minutes, I’m sure I can come up with more.

Half an hour and a trip to Tescos later, I have my prototype. I’m not sure about the colour of the canister – but that’s easily cured with a lick of paint or Val’s beloved sticky-back plastic - and I think we may have to do a little market research around the smell of lavender that currently emits from my new hi-fi ionization device. But these are small details which I’m sure will be easily overcome or, better still, made into a unique selling feature.

I’m off over the hill to discuss marketing.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: An Obvious Gap in the Market.

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

terrybooth wrote: I’m off over the hill to discuss marketing.

Make sure you book a review in Pig.