Interconnects - do they make a difference?

All general audio posts go here.
CageyH-FX1200
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Interconnects - do they make a difference?

Unread post by CageyH-FX1200 »

I am looking at testing a few interconnects on my system, and I was wondering what you guys would recommend.
The Main use will be between my Graham Slee Ultra Linear Headphone amp and my ReflexM phono stage.

I don't have any cheap leads from currys or the like to test, so I am wondering what the opinion here is.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Interconnects - do they make a difference?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:roll: well obviously something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Kimber-K ... 35c72ea512 the more you spend the better they will sound isn't that obvious.

The other beauty of these is they take away yer holiday money so you have to stay home and listen to your hi-fi as you can't afford to do anything else.

Anyone find more expensive ones :whistle:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Cagey, I think Doc's "Yankin yer Crank".

Doc.... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rolling:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

pop along to ebay and get yourself some NVA , money back if not likey .

And enough left for a holiday and a few :guiness;

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

After Buying NVA's budget ( :shifty: ) Sound cords I promptly held a free comp and gave my " Bob Skydiver Orpheus Silver interconnects" away as the prize...... :think:

How ya getting on with em Andrew.......... :lol:

CageyH-FX1200

Doc,

They can't be any good, as they don't cost enough. They are well shy of £10k.

As for the NVA IC's, which would you recommend?
I'm running a 2M black through the little silver boxes mentioned above, into Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
Is there a big difference in the range you offer sonically?

CageyH-FX1200

Have you not seen the Black Rhodium Cantata DCT Ultra Stereo Interconnects

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Try and see, you can trade in for no loss upgrade or refund if unhappy - no risk.

Just to clear up this which is better question. I have to use my musical judgement obviously but I wouldn't bother making a more expensive one unless it was better, NVA is not Nordost, it is not just a money making scam, it is not about the story it is about the music. The other alternative that people like is Mark Grant cables and he operates a return if unhappy scheme as well. So in your place with no knowledge I would start at the lower point of both ranges and try and compare and send back the one you don't want.

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

Just sell him some SSC's for £500 and he'll be a happy contented man. :whistle: mind you,they might just be worth it.. :shifty:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

My in built programming wont allow it Wallace. I have a set of hi-fi ethics and it is too late to change it now. It is not just that though - basically it would embarrass me to do it. AND even though people wont believe me, I make enough money, I don't need to rip people off. The other important thing is I don't need to look for patent applied for bullshits and other thing to protect me, as has been proved with the Sound Cord. If people find the raw cable and copy it they cannot make it cheaper. The one Jerry uses is about 70% higher price and the one Jammy uses is twice the price.