Shamed into buying new speakers

All things NVA
BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Shamed into buying new speakers

Unread post by BadgerBeerIsBest »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:TB2's are gutless and will need every Watt you can give them! Surely there's something better these days than an overpriced PMC? (the prices on all models have rocketed over the last twelve years, almost doubling in price and spoiling the fun)..

Having ordered a pair of A80's I feel its only fair to give them better speakers, I promised the other half stand mounts only so have just bought a newish pair of ATC SCM 11 mk 2 (the curved ones). :)
Just a punt in the dark have never bought speakers before without a home demo but they have had good reviews and should have no problems shifting them if it all goes wrong. :pray: Sorry Doc maybe Cubes next time.

These are by-wire but rather than alter my existing LS6 cables can the Doc do short jump leads 200/250mm long (spade/banana plugs) in LS6 to link into the other speaker posts. I am using Naim A5 links at the moment if you think it will make no difference to the A80's performance I could stick with those.

David
Don't gas my Badger........it's not Lager..!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shamed into buying new speakers

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

LS series cables cannot be made into jumper leads, the construction doesn't allow it to be made that short.

southall-1998
Wales

Unread post by southall-1998 »

NO! You should have got these instead- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JPW-Mini-Spea ... 35d5e409f1

:mrgreen: ;)

S.
Shane Lonergan.

BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Ok Doc
I will buy a new set of LS6 cables at 3mt on eBay plus the extra for by-wiring one end of each run.
Thanks for your patience feel like I'm learning, not finishing the bottle before I come on here helps.
Regards
David

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

OOO ER..... Badger, the folly of buying without prior listening :think: Och don't worry ive done so many times - Its all too often just not possible or practical.

I purchased my Speakers on the Blurb & Shona's orders (They better look bloody nice).....Thankfully both turned out spot on. ;)

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ha, you're lucky, the only speakers Joy really likes the look of is NONE ! My life with my hi-fi is not an easy one. :evil:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

They are funny creatures Zebbo.........But if you remember the 3 Golden rules you can live in (Reasonable) harmony.

They thrive on compliments. (Lie if you must).
"NEVER" forget anniversary's / birthday's etc.
What ever they cook you is "Truly Scrumptious" (Even if ya have to slip it to the dogs under the table, when they aint looking).

Simples...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

southall-1998 wrote:NO! You should have got these instead- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JPW-Mini-Spea ... 35d5e409f1

:mrgreen: ;)

S.
I know exactly what you are thinking :naughty: ...............and its brilliant just brilliant. :dance: I know of someone on pinkfish that blew his tweeters because he broke his sound pipes :o so..............test everything first with disposable speakers before you connect the good ones..........brilliant.
To think my initial thought was you were taking the piss, shame on me.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The man you are talking about is an idiot, and he has sold his NVA now thank goodness. I even visited him to try and get some sense into his skull - it didn't work. He has a heavy wooden rack with just enough room for the old mk1 A80's to slide in a shelf but no room for fiddling with cable around the back. Even I who is used to SP and SSP couldn't fit the cable properly without twisting them, and you twist SSP and the solder joints in the plug break. He refused to stop using the rack so it was his own stupidity.

I HATE RACKS!!!!!!

EDIT - this twist problem doesn't apply to SC or SSC.

BadgerBeerIsBest
Great Britain

Thanks Doc for that reply.
I Thought something like that was the case as you have sold so many of them, if there was a major problem that would not be so.
I would love to try the SSP's with the A80 and LS6 Cables but will have to wait as I have now spent all my pocket money for now.
I still have all the cables from my naim (sorry) days, Chord Indigo, Signatures and Sarum 'tuned array' stuff it would be good to compare, have completely stripped down the 'tuned array' stuff to see what the make up was and what all the wonder cable hype was about.
Regards