British Grand Prick (it has stopped being a Prix)

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

British Grand Prick (it has stopped being a Prix)

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

For the first time ever I didn't watch, couldn't be bothered to watch the qualifying and I doubt I will watch the race. I was watching my squirrels in the garden instead, they were far more exciting.

It is seriously boring predictable shit!!!! not the squirrels that is :mrgreen:

alfafan123
Been thanked: 0

Re: British Grand Prick (it has stopped being a Prix)

Unread post by alfafan123 »

Know what you mean. Get more fun taking my dog for a walk and meeting the local dogs and their owners on their walkees too. Hard to be lonely with a dog. :grin:

In times past I had great fun at the British GP watching Hunt the shunt (except for negotiating the interminable traffic jam out of Silverstone :angry-steamingears: ) but today F1 just seems so boring and irrelevant in todays world with limited resources (they always were) etc. Indeed IMHO just as boring and irrelevant as expensive german premium car brands. Honestly where is the joy in that stuff? I now take cover and will promptly don my tin hat!!

There is still good fun motor racing to be had at club level where enthusiasts turn up and compete on a shoestring (comparatively) that is. :clap: Long may it continue....

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Ticket even for the qualifying are about £100, are people bonkers.

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

F1 is so corporate now that nobody dares to voice an opinion in case it upsets the sponsors. It's become so boring that I no longer bother to watch; I just look at the results and sometimes read a report of the race. We need some good old fashioned political incorrectness to liven up the sport.

Hamilton and Rosberg might be team mates but they are also rivals. I suspect that Joe Public would love to see a racing incident leading to fisticuffs in front of the cameras. This followed by one of the drivers getting into a sticky situation with the other sacrificing his race to help his team-mate. Might be a bit of fantasy on my part but at least we would know that the drivers are human.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

If you want to see fisticuffs reintroduce the rule from the 1950's. When the leading driver in a team could take over the car of the #2 if his one broke down :grin:

Now that would be fun.

alfafan123

Unread post by alfafan123 »

A bit late I know but £100 for the British Grand Pricks Qualifying tickets sounds a bargain compared to the £5340 I was just quoted today by a very nice lady at Liverpool FC for 2 hospitality tickets to see Liverpool vs a premier league team in their new stand (which is not yet built) for the 2016/17 season. Yes seriously!!!

This country is going mad! :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They only have to find one idiot to make their week.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

slinger is selling his guitars as i type :lol: :lol:

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

I lost interest after they moved the handbrake lever from the outside of the car..Whatever happened to Fangio ???Bring back the oil leaks and goggles,i say..... :mrgreen:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1