PLEASE! don't be scared

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

PLEASE! don't be scared

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have a need to say this, so put up with me.

OLD THINK - Cancer just kills you so I don't want to know, so the longer I leave it then the less angst I have waiting to die, so why go to the Doc - WRONG

NEW THINK - Cancer survival over the past few years is coming forward in leaps and bounds, it is no longer always a death sentence, and it is getting less by the year as new treatments and drugs come on line. BUT it always will be if you stay in old think. ANY doubts about your health or feelings even if seemingly irrational then get to your Doc, they don't poo poo you anymore, get checked. The earlier you do it the exponentially better is your chance of longer life. I am living proof.

Progmeister
Great Britain

Re: PLEASE! don't be scared

Unread post by Progmeister »

I concur.
People turn to poison quick as lager turns to piss,,,J.C. Clarke.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

I have never had an issue with going to the doctors whenever I feel something is not "normal". I am not a hypochondriac by any means and have never worried about anything, but sitting on your hands is just plain stupid. I simply don't take chances, as you say, if something IS wrong then knowing about it sooner has to be better. My other half, however, had an abnormal result from a breast scan a few years back and I couldn't believe her reaction. As far as she was concerned she was as good as dead and buried! She lost weight, looked terrible, became irritable and It turned out to be nothing, as most scares are, but there was no telling her.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Amen. Found a "lump" on one of my testicles a few years back and delayed going to the doctor for all of a day before common sense overtook me. Turned out to be nothing thankfully but how long might I have been worrying myself to death if I'd delayed it and how much closer to death might I have been if I'd delayed and it turned out to be "something" not nothing?
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:I have a need to say this, so put up with me.

OLD THINK - Cancer just kills you so I don't want to know, so the longer I leave it then the less angst I have waiting to die, so why go to the Doc - WRONG

NEW THINK - Cancer survival over the past few years is coming forward in leaps and bounds, it is no longer always a death sentence, and it is getting less by the year as new treatments and drugs come on line. BUT it always will be if you stay in old think. ANY doubts about your health or feelings even if seemingly irrational then get to your Doc, they don't poo poo you anymore, get checked. The earlier you do it the exponentially better is your chance of longer life. I am living proof.
Brave man, took me a month before I went waiting for op now soon, oh goody redheaded nurses again nice.
It can be done so imagine it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Ohh, a redheaded nurse, mmmmmmm. Please tell me she has a soft Southern Irish accent........... :romance-adore:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound JC3+, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Lordie82360now
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by Lordie82360now »

I also concur
Digital Source: Eversolo dmp-A6, Crucial external USB SSD, iPad 10th Gen 64mg, iPhone 8.
Amplifier: Arcam AS20.
Interconnects: Audioquest Carbon Coaxial and Optical.
Speakers: Quad S2 with NVA LS1.
Headphones: Bayer DT770 Pro LE.

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

zebbo wrote:Ohh, a redheaded nurse, mmmmmmm. Please tell me she has a soft Southern Irish accent........... :romance-adore:
No Shetland Scots.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

That'll do ! :lol:

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

zebbo wrote:That'll do ! :lol:
All I can do is look and wonder what I had to do, with the pills.